Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Thoughtful Valentine’s Day Gifts for Your Significant Other

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

With Valentine’s Day approaching, you may be starting to stress over the perfect gift for that special someone. These four thoughtful ideas will surely spark your imagination and get the creative juices flowing.

A photo album of your nudes

If you’re comfortable enough with your partner, giving them a photo album of your nudes is hilarious and a gift that will definitely be put to use. You can even make it a fun event with your friends, because who doesn’t love a good lingerie polaroid photoshoot? I would recommend some wine to get rid of any nerves and to get yourself in the mood.

Bonus idea: Let your partner take some of the photos too! They’ll know exactly what they want to see and it’ll be a hot experience for both of you.

Cardi Okurrrr
Giphy

Eye mask

A warming eye mask is quite literally heaven on earth. My personal favorites are the Optrex single-use warming eye masks, which you can purchase on Amazon. I find these really helpful when trying to fall asleep or just when you need some extra relaxation in general. Everyone could use an at-home spa treatment every now and then but we don’t always take the time to take care of ourselves. Giving your partner self-care products shows that you’re thinking of their overall well-being.

A pre-planned date

Do you and your partner constantly talk about dates you never seem to have the time to go on? You’ve been wanting to try making sushi or go to that cool board game café, but something always comes up. With Valentine’s Day approaching, now is the time to plan a date for your significant other that they’ll be sure to cherish. Something as simple as a wine and paint night or a higher-end restaurant (I would highly recommend Cactus Club Cafe) is a sure-fire way to change up your routine.

Michael Scott You Complete Me gif
Giphy

A weighted blanket

Unless you live with your partner, they’re not there every night to cuddle with you. A weighted blanket is a perfect gift for lonely nights and they’ve even been proven to help ease anxiety. They’re not exactly cheap, with most ranging anywhere between $200-$500. However, these blankets basically feel like you’re a fetus inside your mother’s womb and who wouldn’t want that?!

There you have it! Whether you have a small or large budget for Valentine’s Day, you can still show you care for your significant other with these thoughtful gift ideas.

Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier University