yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Things You Can Only Do in Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

It’s the best time of year again, where we can all wear our cute sweaters but not worry about our winter coats: fall!

The best thing about fall is all the fun things to do! There are a bunch of activities you can only do this time of year and to make sure that you don’t miss out, here are some of my favourite suggestions.

Around this time everyone is out picking their pumpkins, but they aren’t the only thing in season! This time of year is also apple picking season! No better way to spend a fall weekend than going out to a farm to pick apples with a group of friends. Some farms may even have some cool activities for you to do. A common fall-themed activity is a corn maze. Get lost or quickly make your way out of the maze, and maybe even make a competition out of it. Either way, you’re sure to have a good time. You may be thinking, “what am I going to do with all these apples?” Fall is also the best time to make pies, because who doesn’t love a good apple pie? Besides, think of all the cute photos you can get to add to your Instagram.

Since we’re on the topic of cute Instagram pictures, fall is the perfect time to get a bunch of photos, and all you have to do is take a walk in the park. The leaves are all changing colours and it’s such a pretty sight to see. It’s a good idea to do this sooner rather than later because they’ll only be there for a little while before they all start to fall. But once they are on the ground, they’re even more fun, because leaf piles! If you’re lucky enough to have a lawn with trees, jump in them there, but if not just do it at the park! Bonus, fallen leaves make for some cute photos!

Another fun thing about fall is all the limited edition items that come out. Now is the time to stock up on all your favourite candles, perfumes and soaps. They only come once a year and for a short amount of time. This goes for cafes too. Everyone is starting to stock up on all the pumpkin-flavored treats and drinks. Now is the time to get them before they’re gone!

Fall is a fun time of year. It’s basically your last chance to spend time outside before it gets too cold and outdoor activities aren’t that fun anymore. These are things you can only do once every twelve months, so take the advantage while you can!

Megan Cruz

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Megan Cruz is a 4th-year film studies student at WLU. She already has a diploma from Vancouver film school for writing for Games, Television, and film. When she isn't writing she can be found in a pillow fort watching cartoons  
Rebecca is in her 5th year at Wilfrid Laurier University.  During the school year, she can be found drinking copious amounts of kombucha, watching hockey and procrastinating on Pinterest. She joined HCWLU as an editor in the Winter 2018 semester, and after serving as one of the Campus Correspondents in 2019-20, she is excited to be returning for the 2020-21 school year! she/her