This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

If you do not know Reneé Rapp at this point, you must not be on social media. Reneé has taken over mine and so many others’ social media feeds with her recent role starring in the Mean Girls movie musical as Regina George as well as her incredible performance on SNL. Her career debuted in 2019 when she played Regina George for the first time on Broadway before her run got cut short because of COVID.

She played Leighton Murray on The Sex Lives of College Girls for two seasons before it was announced she would not be returning for the upcoming season, instead focusing on her music career.

Reneé put out her first EP in late 2022 which includes some of my favourite songs, In the Kitchen, Too Well and Bruises. Ever since this she has been blowing away young girls and the LGBTQ+ community with her music and honest attitude.

Now we get to my favourite work from Reneé, her debut album, Snow Angel. I truly do not think there is a bad song on this album. Her vocals in the title track are phenomenal while also telling a story of a traumatic experience she had. She makes this horrible time digestible yet still so raw in her song. In an interview with Jay Shetty she tells her point of view with so much honesty and dignity and it is very informative on her life. Some lighter yet still relatable songs on the album are seen in Talk Too Much, Poison Poison, Pretty Girls and Tummy Hurts. All are perfect songs in my opinion; 10/10 rating. Special shoutout to the recent release of the Tummy Hurts remix (feat. Coco Jones) on the album’s deluxe edition! Their voices together sound so beautiful and mix incredibly well.

As people on Twitter and TikTok would say, she is the best vocalist of our generation. In my mind she is on the same vocal level as Adele and Mariah Carey, if not higher. Who else would be able to sing high notes the way Reneé can lying down on SNL–a late night show notorious for making singers’ vocals sound off. I have heard from friends who were luckily enough to see her live in person on her Snow Hard Feelings tour this year that her voice is truly even better in person. It is like how we all think we sound when we are doing carpool karaoke or singing in the shower (but on key and probably 10x better).

All this to say, Reneé is all around a beautiful person inside and out, someone who is unapologetically herself (as seen both in recent Mean Girls interviews and on stage), a talented actress and an insane artist. Jump on the Reneé train before it is too late because she is only going to get better!

Annabelle Ly

Wilfrid Laurier '27

I'm Annabelle and I am part of this years Writing team with Her Campus at Laurier! I have always had a passion for reading and writing and when finding out about this club, I instantly knew I wanted to join the team. Aside of HC, I am in school for Laurier's International Education Studies program with hopes of continuing down the path of teaching! In my free time, I enjoy listening to music – especially Taylor Swift, playing the piano or guitar, crocheting, and reading! Otherwise you could often find me watching Gilmore Girls or Criminal Minds.