The Hottest Grey’s Anatomy Couples and Their Most Iconic Scene

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Over the last 18 seasons of Grey’s Anatomy, we’ve been given hours upon hours of examples of peak relationship goals as well as some frustrating and cringe-worthy relationships. Even though many flings had us recoiling in confusion like Alex and Jane Doe/Ava/Rebecca Pope and some relationships left us wanting more, each in their own way created a thought-provoking storyline and kept the loyal fanbase of this show watching on. Though one of the hottest characters in this show is Christina Yang, unfortunately, her relationship with surgery is far beyond the realm of writing. So, here it is, the hottest Grey’s couples and their most iconic scene. Also, this article contains major spoilers!

Mark and Lexie

Mark and Lexie were each other’s destiny and though the timing never seemed to work in their favour, they’ll undoubtedly go down as one of the most tragic, yet romantic relationships in the series. Their most iconic scene has got to be the hookup gone wrong in the on-call room. After Lexie accidentally injures Mark, she embarrassingly asks Callie to fix his broken bone. This not only created one of the funniest storylines in the series, but when Lexie climbs into Mark’s hospital bed and strokes his hair to comfort him, it’s truly heartwarming.  

Meredith and Derek 

The better part of this series revolved around Meredith and Derek’s relationship as they tackled a hot ex-wife, shootings, plane crashes, bombs, jealousy, chain of command at the hospital and eventually parenthood. The series just wasn’t the same without Mc Dreamy’s charm, which is probably why he made a much-needed reappearance in the 17th season of the series. Nothing beats the first few seasons where their relationship faced constant obstacles and truly tested their love for one another. Though “pick me, choose me and love me” will live on for generations to come, their most iconic scene was the post-it vows. 

April and Matthew 

From leaving him at the altar for an ex to almost dying of hypothermia, April and Matthew’s relationship gave us a whirlwind of emotions. Even though the couple has had more than a few rough patches, their similar Christian values and desire to help others make them the perfect couple. Their most iconic scene has got to be the wholesome and unexpected flash mob proposal. Who doesn’t love a sexy, dancing paramedic?

Ben and Bailey 

This couple has had their fair share of arguments about careers, health and the future, but they’ve consistently supported one another and are the best example of marriage on Greys. Though it isn’t certain whether this relationship will survive the time apart from their recent separation, the two clearly have a lot of love for one another. The crossword puzzle proposal is hands down their most iconic scene due to the sheer romance and thoughtfulness. 

Thanks for reading about the 10 hottest Grey’s couples and their most noteworthy scenes throughout the last 18 seasons of this series. Without a doubt, this series provides a comfortable space to shed some tears, share a laugh and most importantly, ogle. 

Isha Pabla

Wilfrid Laurier '24

Writing has always been a passion of Isha's, and while pursuing a major in business and computer science, she finds it wonderful to be able to exercise her creativity and activism with Her Campus. Isha enjoys writing about social justice issues, community engagement and social wellness.