The Test of All Tests: Is Your BFF REALLY Your BFF?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Ever question the loyalty and dedication of your BFF? Ever wonder if they really know everything about you, and would be willing to anything for you? Even the weird stuff? I think we all do, but not anymore! Here are a few signs that your BFF is really your BFF!

Mood Detector

Your best friend is always able to sense your bad mood from miles away. Whether it’s the way you’re walking, or even the way you say “hi” when you answer the phone, they can tell right away if something’s up.

My Closet Is Your Closet

If I had a dollar for every time I got a compliment on a shirt I was wearing that was my best friends and not mine, I’d have my own 10/10 wardrobe. You and your best friend sharing clothes is a GIVEN. Half of your closet is usually their stuff, and vice versa.

They Know Your Order

Your BFF probably knows your coffee order just as well as they know their own, no matter how complicated and specific it may be.

Part of the Family

Having a best friend is like having a sibling. You’re part of their family and they’re part of yours. You know you’ve hit this point when their parents greet you the same way they greet them when you both walk in the door.

They Know the Key to Your Happiness

Any best friend knows how to get you out of your funk. Whether it’s going to your fav ice cream place, or even just going on a drive and singing at the top of your lungs, they always know how to turn that frown upside down.

Left Hand Man, Literally

Sometimes things can get a little weird, but is it really weird with your best friend? They’re always there to help you out, with anything you might possibly need. This could range from doing each other’s hair, to even pulling up each other’s pants when your hands are full. 

Sounds weird, but it happens.

The “I fucked up” Texts

We’ve all gotten AND sent those texts from our best friends, about them doing something they shouldn’t have done. It’s a staple in every friendship, and is always entertaining. Your best friend is the first person you go to when you may have hooked up with your ex, or said something to someone that you shouldn’t have. They’re always there to help you through it, while at the same time, laugh at the mistake you have made.

Fight Like Sisters

As mentioned before, having a best friend is like having another member of your family. No relationship is perfect, and fights and arguments do pop up. When it’s with your best friend though, it never lasts long. When you fight with your sister, you yell for a bit and 5 minutes later it’s like nothing ever happened. It’s the exact same with your best friends, you can never stay mad for too long.

If any of these things occur in your relationship with your best friend, it is clear that your BFF is truly your BFF. Keep these ones close girls! They’re hard to find, but so amazing to have. Make sure you let your BFF know you appreciate them, because at the end of the day, boys come and go, but your girls are there forever!

Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.