Stocking Stuffer Gift Guide for All of Your Loved Ones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Everyone knows that one of the best parts of Christmas morning are stockings! Whether it’s a toothbrush or something more exciting, going through your stocking is always fun. Here are a few stocking stuffer ideas for this holiday season!

Mugs

Whether you drink coffee or not, mugs are super practical and one of the easiest gifts to find. These can be personalized for the gift receiver with an initial, a favourite character, or anything else! Mugs are nice and affordable and the best part: you can stuff them with smaller items! I’d recommend adding a packet of hot chocolate mix.

skincare

As most skincare comes in relatively slim packaging, this is a perfect stocking stuffer. If you aren’t sure what product or brand the recipient uses, try looking for sample sizes of various products to create a trial for them! This way, they get the chance to potentially find their new favourite skincare product!

mini bottles of alcohol

If the person you’re buying for is of legal drinking age, little bottles of their favourite liquor are a great option. Most brands come out with fun sets around the Christmas season such as Patron, Fireball, and Appleton Estate. This is a perfect option if the recipient wouldn’t typically buy themselves a larger bottle of expensive liquor, they can still get the luxury aspect in a mini size!

perfume/cologne

If you’re looking to splurge on someone for a stocking stuffer this year, a new fragrance bottle is a perfect way to go. If you already know their signature scent, that’s great! However, if not, this is the perfect opportunity for a fragrance sampler set. There are so many set options available at Sephora during the holidays. This gift allows your recipient to try five to ten new scents and find the one that speaks to them!

snacks

Of course, you can never go wrong with gifting someone their favourite snack food. Whether it’s candy, chips, chocolate or anything in between, this is a stocking stuffer that you can guarantee will be used and appreciated!

household minis

If you’re looking for a sustainable gift idea this year, there are lots of options to make your home eco-friendly! From metal straws to bee’s wax wrappers, there are many ways to lessen your plastic usage and find sustainable ways to change your daily habits. If you’re in the Kitchener/Waterloo region, I’d recommend checking out Zero Waste Bulk uptown! They have nearly anything you’ll need.

Gift-giving can be stressful and sometimes time consuming. This year, try filling some stockings with these ideas for your loved ones and collecting smaller items rather than one large gift. Enjoy time with those you love and stay safe this holiday season!

XO

Olivia Egan

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Third year Psychology student at WLU