Starbucks’ Holiday Drink Menu Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Before going to university, Starbucks was something I’d treat myself to if I had the extra money. Now that I’m in university, barely sleep and have a Starbucks on campus that I can use my flex dollars on, I’d say I’m a regular customer, which is how I have managed to try all of Starbucks’ holiday drinks within a couple weeks of their release. Here are the best to worst drinks from the Starbucks holiday menu.

1. Peppermint Mocha

This drink is a Godsend. If you love chocolate mint as much as I do, you’re going to love this drink. Perfectly chocolatey, with a hint of peppermint and not too sweet. I get mine without the whipped cream, but it’s still amazing either way. The chocolate curls are definitely my favourite. I rate this drink 10/10 peppermints.

2.  Chestnut Praline Latte

(Source: Mashable)

Perfectly sweet, with pieces of candied nuts and plenty of Christmas spices. The taste of pralines pairs perfectly with the espresso, giving it a complex flavour profile. I love how fancy I feel when I order this, like some kind of rich aristocrat from the 1800’s. I rate this drink 8/10 fancy people.

3.  Caramel Brule Latte

(Source: Bustle)

This latte is pretty good, but I just don’t understand the hype. It’s basically just a caramel-flavored drink. It tastes similar to the caramel macchiato but has a slight toasted flavour. It also has a deeper, buttery flavour, which is really nice. I’ve got to say, the caramel sugar pieces on top are nice and all, but they kind of stick to your teeth. I rate this drink 7/10, but my teeth rate it 4/10.

4. Gingerbread Latte

(Source: Starbucks)

I love all things gingerbread. Having said that, this latte barely tastes like gingerbread. It has hints of gingerbread spices, sure, but it mainly tastes like a regular latte to me. I think this latte would taste a lot better if they used real gingerbread, instead of just the syrup. Or they could at least put gingerbread pieces on top, instead of just nutmeg. I rate this drink 5/10 sad gingerbread men.  

5. Eggnog Latte

(Source: Starbucks)

Am I the only one who thinks that hot eggnog is really strange? I’ve only ever drank it cold, and definitely not with espresso. This drink is not too sweet, but just tastes a little off. Maybe I’m psyching myself out since eggnog shouldn’t be hot? All in all, I rate it 2/10 strangely hot eggnogs.

I hope these ratings help you out next time you’re feeling indecisive in the Starbucks line, and be sure to try out all the holiday drinks for yourself to see what you think!

Hailey Inman

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Hailey Inman is a first year Psychology major who's minoring in french. She loves reading, writing and painting.
Sarah McCann

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Sarah is a fourth year Communications and Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University who is passionate abut female empowerment. She is one of two Campus Correspondents for the Laurier Her Campus Chapter! Sarah loves dancing, animals, photography, ice cream, and singing super obnoxiously, in no particular order.