This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Spring has finally sprung, which means it’s time to ditch our winter wardrobes and bring out the spring essentials. Cue the bright colours, fun prints and cute shoes! Need some spring inspiration? Well read on, because I’m going to be sharing with you a few items that I consider to be staples in my spring wardrobe.

1. Cargo jacket

At the end of the summer, I purchased a cargo jacket in an army green colour from Old Navy. This jacket is perfect for that early spring and late fall whether. The material is super comfortable and warm, while not being super heavy, and the colour makes this jacket super versatile- I can wear it with literally anything! Purchase yours here.

2. Hunters

My obsession with these may very well stem from my Scottish background, but nevertheless, these are my all time favourite spring (year-round if I’m being completely honest) footwear. I purchased a pair in navy blue a few years ago and have barely taken them off since. Comfortable, waterproof and warm, these boots are able to withstand all the unpredictable weather that comes with spring. They come in a variety of styles, colours and finishes, so you’re bound to find a pair to match any outfit. A huge bonus is that Student Price Card Holders can receive a 25% discount online! Find the Hunter website here.

3. Leggings

Perfect for those days where you can’t quite get away with shorts or capris, leggings are a must have! Comfortable, warm, and versatile, they are perfect for just about any occasion or activity. They can be purchased almost anywhere in a variety of styles and colours. I’ve found my favourites at lululemon, Old Navy and Winners.

4. School hoodies

I’m sure everyone can agree with me on this one! Throughout spring you can go just about anywhere and see people walking around showing their spirit for their high schools, universities and colleges alike. My Laurier hoodies are super soft and warm, making them perfect for those cool spring days. Why not take advantage of this perfect opportunity to show off how proud you are to be a Laurier Golden Hawk! Get yours at the Laurier Bookstore.

My name is Emily Saunders. I’m a first year Health Sciences student at Laurier and I’m thrilled to be a part of HerCampus this year! Some of my passions include dancing, running and being an advocate for youth mental health. I’m looking forward to putting my skills to use as a writer on the 2018 HerCampus team! Instagram: @emmygrace1999 Twitter: @ESaunders99
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.