Spring Into the Season with These Top 5 Must-Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Well, it looks like the highly anticipated time has come. SPRING IS HERE! Hopefully it stays for good. It’s been a long, cold, exhausting winter and it’s our chance to finally take off some layers and sport some fun, bright colors. Spring is one of the best seasons, with the best fashion. We at Her Campus WLU put together some of our favorite pieces for this spring.

Trench Coat

Trench coats are a huge staple piece that everyone should have. These jackets are perfect for spring days. They provide warmth, style, and are super practical. Wear yours open or closed, tossed over a dress or blue jeans; either way, it’ll look super cute. 

Adorable Flats

When the snow fades away, the flats come out to play! Flats always look fashionable, and they’re super comfortable. We love these studded pastel blue floral flats from Charlotte Russe. Flats can be paired with practically anything, so go crazy! 

Pastel Purse 

One accessory that sometimes gets neglected when updating for spring is the purse. We change all of our style to fun, bright colors, but forget to change our bag! All those crazy colored purses that you see in stores and say, “when would I ever wear that?” the time is now! Spring is all about color, so don’t be afraid to rock that lime green handbag. 

Boyfriend Jeans

Boyfriend jeans have been a huge trend all of this year. Now that it’s spring, it may be a little more comfortable to wear these around because you won’t have freezing cold legs! These jeans provide a super relaxed, casual look, but can also be dressed up. There are so many ways to style boyfriend jeans, and we love them for that. 

Sunglasses

You can never have too many sunglasses! We need sunglasses all throughout the year, but come spring and summer, it’s fun to play around with different styles of glasses. If you constantly like to switch up your glasses day to day, try finding glasses at less expensive stores like Urban Planet or Ardene’s, where you can get 3 pairs for $15! How awesome is that?

Happy spring Golden Hawks! Enjoy the warmth! 

Mikayla Buconjic

Wilfrid Laurier

Hi! My name is Mikayla. I am a second year Honors Communication student at Wilfrid Laurier University. I am also the style blog writer for our school's Her Campus chapter! When I’m not writing for Her Campus, obsessing over my cat, OR eating, you will most likely find me watching hours of my favorite fashion & beauty gurus on YouTube. After graduation, I hope to get a PR or social media marketing position in the fashion industry. Lets be friends! Follow me on Instagram @mikbucs :)
Chelsea Birtch

Wilfrid Laurier

Chelsea is one of the Campus Correspondent's for the HC WLU chapter! She has a passion for writing and is an avid reader who aspires to be an elementary school teacher. As well as being involved with Her Campus, she is also a sister of the Iota Theta chapter of Alpha Phi.