Six Tell Tale Signs It’s Spring in Waterloo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

It’s finally that time of year! The snow is melting, the temperature is rising, and the skirts are coming out! Spring in Waterloo is definitely a time for celebration, but it comes with a few stresses too. Here are a few tell-tale signs it’s that time of year again in the city.

1. You’re stressed – like, all the time.

When you’re not freaking out about final assignments, you’re getting worried about the ever so swiftly approaching exams. The semester is almost over, and all that comes with it is piling up. Yeah, sorry, it’s that time already. 

2. St. Patrick’s Day has come and gone.

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Don’t worry, you’ll always have your saved Snapchats, Instagram shots, and drunk videos to reminisce upon. We’ll catch you next year, same time, same place!

3. You’re freaking out about summer employment.

Finding a summer job has been lingering on the back of your mind. But now, it’s time to get serious, because you’re going to need to make some cash this summer.

4. You’re getting ready for the Bunny Hop.

You’ve bought your ticket and found your team. All that’s left is to go crazy!

5. You’ve been appreciating that extra bit of sunshine.

Walking to your evening class with the sun still out has made the trip a little less vexing. Sun + School + March = just a few months left before you’re tanning away.

6. Finding out what makes a girl Canadian.

There’s a bet going on about how many bare legs you’ll see by the end of each day. You’ll catch a few Canadian girls enjoying the positive single degree weather by ditching the layers. Her Campus Wilfrid Laurier suggests that you wait a bit; better weather is soon to come!

Get excited, Golden Hawks. It’s almost summer, and the semester is close to being over! Good luck and enjoy! 

Chasya Dove

Wilfrid Laurier

English and Communications student at Wilfrid Laurier University with a passion for my city. Discovering Waterloo, ON has become my hobby from music festivals, arts shows, local restaurants and hidden coffee spots this place has got it all! With my passion for photography I strive to capture the moment, while learning that sometimes it's best to just let things be.
Chelsea Birtch

Wilfrid Laurier

Chelsea is one of the Campus Correspondent's for the HC WLU chapter! She has a passion for writing and is an avid reader who aspires to be an elementary school teacher. As well as being involved with Her Campus, she is also a sister of the Iota Theta chapter of Alpha Phi.