This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

I would like to start this off by saying I am no expert in astrology, yet I do enjoy reading and learning about the different zodiac signs. So, I put together a little list of each sign and what I believe causes them to procrastinate.

Libra

A Libra is the one that is trying their best while working on the project, but what is stopping them from finishing it is their indecisiveness. They keep changing their wording or photos in whatever project they’re working on.

Aries

Everyone gets distracted by food. We stress eat or just eat out of boredom. Instead of doing their project, you can catch an Aries baking a cake.

Aquarius

Aquarius is the one with all the tabs open, yet none of them has to do with the task at hand. They are just getting off-topic googling things that pop in their mind and find themselves in the dark hole of the internet.

Capricorn

Capricorns are known for being hard-working, but they also get distracted at times. They procrastinate by pivoting to their other commitments. It could be work, school, clubs etc. Whatever it is, one of these things is what a Capricorn is doing when they should be doing something else.

Sagittarius

They are the ones to get distracted by pretty pictures. You can find them either on Tumblr or Pinterest making sure their blogs and boards are up to date and looking good.

Cancer

The majority of people listen to music when they do work, but Cancers take it too far. They are the ones who will get distracted by music. Next thing they know they are discovering new songs and have already made a new playlist.

Leo

If anyone is going to be spending their time on Instagram it is going to be a Leo. Posting new pics, liking friend’s pictures and checking out other people’s stories. Mostly, they’ll probably be adding to their own story.

Taurus

You can find a Taurus on Twitter when they should be doing work. They are checking out what is going on in the world around them. Maybe even posting a few tweets themselves about how they’d rather not be working on their assignment. If you are on Twitter you’re definitely going to take the time to check out what’s trending and if there are any fun moments.

Virgo

What I think is the number one distraction for anyone is Netflix. You can definitely catch a Virgo binge-watching their latest show instead of finishing up a project.

Gemini

The worst thing about not having a class with friends is that you don’t have the same projects or deadlines. This makes it hard for Geminis, as instead of working on their projects they are spending time with friends. Even if their friends did have the same projects, they’re the ones distracting them.

Scorpio

The newest trend is making TikToks, and no one is more into that than Scorpios. They are the ones adding the new content for you to watch. If they don’t feel brave enough to make their own, they sure are watching others.

Pisces

Last but not least, the Pisces. They are the ones who are drawing or doodling instead of getting their work done. Maybe even just colouring? They are just relaxing in an artistic way!

These may not be that accurate for you, or maybe you relate more to another sign. Maybe it was your rising moon sign. Everyone has dealt with procrastination one way or another. Either way, I think the real take away from this article is that we all used it to procrastinate.

Megan Cruz

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Megan Cruz is a 4th-year film studies student at WLU. She already has a diploma from Vancouver film school for writing for Games, Television, and film. When she isn't writing she can be found in a pillow fort watching cartoons  
Rebecca is in her 5th year at Wilfrid Laurier University.  During the school year, she can be found drinking copious amounts of kombucha, watching hockey and procrastinating on Pinterest. She joined HCWLU as an editor in the Winter 2018 semester, and after serving as one of the Campus Correspondents in 2019-20, she is excited to be returning for the 2020-21 school year! she/her