Sephora Hacks Everyone Should Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Okay ladies (and gentlemen!), let’s have a chat. For many of us, makeup is our kryptonite, but isn’t there a saying that goes something like, “Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery?” Well I’ve officially admitted it.  Unfortunately, I am definitely am not ready to get over my love for makeup, so to counteract this I’ve just gotten smarter with how I go about acquiring it. Want a few helpful tips from a self-proclaimed pro? Keep reading.

Tip 1: Sign up for a Beauty Insider Card

This is a free point card on steroids. What is the hype you ask?

1. Free (yes, free) gift for your birthday
  2. The points you obtain never expire
  3. You get access to seasonal sales
  4. Free beauty classes and makeovers
  5. 2 day shipping on ALL orders over $50
  6. Deluxe samples with every online order
  7. 3 free samples with every online order

Tip 2: Don’t hesitate to ask for samples!

Have you been eyeing something pricy and you’re not sure if you’re ready to splurge? Ask for a sample! Want more than one sample? Ask for that too; there is no shame here, ladies. The wonderful employees at Sephora will love to help you out.

Bonus: Don’t fall for the travel sizes; most of the time, the free samples you ask for are relatively the same size!

Tip 3: Make your purchases online

Ordering online is not only quick and easy, but you also get a ton of free stuff! You will have the choice of three free samples and a chance to insert a promo code that will get you a deluxe sample bag like the one pictured above. If that isn’t a win, I don’t know what is.

Tip 4: If you love to order online, enroll for Flash Shipping

Unlike the 2-day shipping with your Beauty Insider Card, you don’t have to have a minimum purchase of $50, and it’s only $10 for the year. So when you desperately need the new Becca split pans, you won’t have to pay shipping fees!

Tip 5: HOW. TO GET. SO. MANY. PERFUME. DEALS!

Sephora is perfume heaven. If you’re looking for a new scent but aren’t sure what you’re vibin’, you can ask Sephora for a sample of nearly any scent, but Sephora also carries roller ball sticks in almost every scent. My personal favourite way to test a new perfume is pictured above. For $65, you can get mini bottles of 9-10 high end perfumes and this comes with a card to redeem a FULL bottle of perfume at Sephora once you’ve chosen your favourite. All of these bottles run for $100+, so you’re really saving money here.

Tip 6: Another wonderful feature you get when shopping at Sephora is no questions asked return policy.

Use half the bottle for all they care; you can take it back within 90 days of purchase and they will take it no matter what.

Hope you enjoyed, collegiettes! Now go get your shop on! Xo

Brooklyn Ramsey

Wilfrid Laurier

Brooklyn Ramsey, how do I even begin to explain Brooklyn Ramsey? She has two Fendi purses and silver Lexus. Her hair is insured for 10 thousand dollars, and I hear she does car commercials…in Japan. Her favourite movie is Varsity Blues and one time she met John Stamos on a plane and he told her she was pretty. Brooklyn aspires to be a cool mom and make sure Gretchen never lets "fetch" happen.