This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Secret Santa is a great unorthodox Christmas tradition. It can be done with anyone: friends, family members, coworkers and more. One of the biggest struggles though is figuring out a gift. Here is a Secret Santa gift guide that is budget-friendly and that almost everyone will love.

For Her

Candles

You can never go wrong with candles. Almost every girl loves having candles. The best thing about candles is the variety of scents they come in. The best places to buy candles are Bath & Body Works, Amazon and Walmart. There are many small businesses that make many unique candles that are different from a typical 3-wick candle. A great place to look for unique candles, made by local and international sellers, is through a website called Etsy.

Bath Bombs, Soaps and Lotions

These are great gift for girls, since they’re something that they can use daily. Just like candles, bath bombs, soaps and lotions come with many scents as well. The best place to buy bath bombs, including soaps and lotions, is Lush. What makes Lush a good brand is that they are 100% vegetarian and cruelty-free and they are handmade too. Plus, the bath bombs made by Lush are fun, colourful and they have a BOMB smell.

Face Masks

Everyone loves face masks. Not only are there a lot of skincare benefits to them, but they are also fun to do. They can come in clay form, gel, sheet, liquid and more. Sephora has many face masks to choose from that target every individual’s concern. Other places that sell face masks are Lush and other skin care stores.

Jewelry

Jewelry is something every girl will love. There are many options for jewelry at many jewelry shops. Jewelry also makes any girl feel special, whether it’s something simple or extravagant.

For Him

Cologne

Cologne is a good gift to give to any guy, even if you don’t know them that well. It’s a little fancy but also simple. You can find great scents at Sephora, The Bay and even Shoppers Drug Mart.

Massaging Device

You don’t realize you need this until you have one. A massage gun is a great gift for someone who likes massages, needs to relax or they are also great for workout-gurus. There are different heads to choose from to fit everyone’s liking. Massage guns can be found on Amazon.

Hat

There are so many hats to choose from. You have baseball caps, beanies, snapbacks and many more. A hat can be worn every day and there are different looks for everyone’s style. You can find hats almost anywhere. For sports team hats, Lids is a great store. For beanies and other hats, Amazon and any clothing store have great options.

For Anyone

Bluetooth Speaker

A Bluetooth speaker is a great gift for anyone. It’s a very useful gift too. It’s portable and versatile and there are some that are even waterproof which make them great for showers, beach trips or hanging by a pool.

Anything Personalized

Nothing is more special than a personalized gift. Just simply adding your name to anything is something that can make an ordinary gift more special. There are many things that can be customized. You can customize water bottles, clothes, jewelry, mugs or literally anything. Some great websites that sell personalized gifts are Etsy or many small businesses.

Galaxy/Sunset Lamp

A great way to spice up any room is by adding a galaxy or sunset lamp. This past year, these two products have been non-stop trending on TikTok. These lamps are a great room decor idea for anyone’s bedroom or even a living room. You can find both lamps on Amazon and on any other online store that sells them individually.

These are a list of very generic gifts that everyone would love, especially for something like Secret Santa. These are also great gifts for other holiday activities such as White Elephant or just gift shopping in general. More than just gifts, Secret Santa is a fun little activity for everyone to do and a great bonding experience for everyone. Hopefully, this gift guide is a good inspiration for many gifts, not just Christmas too.

Sahaana Jeevendra

Wilfrid Laurier '24

My name is Sahaana Jeevendra. I'm a first year student at Wilfred Laurier University studying Business Administration. Some of my aspirations for the future are being a successful woman, be happy, and continue to live life to the fullest.