This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

After constant struggles with my skin in university due to stress and lack of sleep, I decided to test two different skincare lines for two weeks each to see how my skin reacted. Let me start off by saying that Ren is entirely paraben, sulfate, colour, and fragrance free. I really believe that skin care is something you should invest in, since old skin comes with old age. If you take care of your skin while young, you’ll thank yourself as you get older. All these products are easily accessible in store and online at Sephora and I find the prices to be incredibly fair for the amount of product you receive.

The first line I tried was the Evercalm line, which is targeted for those with sensitive skin. The products I tried from this line were the day cream and cleansing gel.

The Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel was just that – a gentle cleansing gel. I didn’t find this product to be anything special by itself, however pairing it with my Clarisonic made a world of difference. It cleaned my skin so thoroughly that my skin looked noticeably clearer and bright. It didn’t dry out my skin when cleaning it, so it wasn’t tight after washing, but rather felt incredibly nourished. This product did a great job and did what it was supposed to. I found no negatives and will continue to use it, however there was no wow factor that would make me want to repurchase.

The Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream made my skin feel incredibly soothed. I found that after the cold wind hit my skin during the day, it healed my red and dry skin overnight. I personally have combination skin and it didn’t make me break out, and for fun I got my sister to try it too. She has dry skin and she loved it as well. So we can conclude it is good for all skin types. As for the ingredients, I did a little research and found that the product is full of antioxidants which help to avoid premature aging. So in summary, the things I loved about this product: it really helped my dry patches, I woke up in the morning with my skin feeling hydrated but not oily, and I really enjoyed how my makeup applied on top when I wore it in the morning. The only negative I found, which wasn’t a deal breaker for me, was the scent. I can’t even describe it, and it was fine, just not delicious, but luckily it faded quickly! Overall, 10/10 would recommend to a friend!

PRO tip: can be used to soothe skin after waxing or sunburn.

The second line I tried was the Clearcalm range.

The first thing I tried was the Replenishing Gel Cream. This product was by far the strangest cream I have ever tried. However, let me start by telling you I will recommend this product to any one of my friends with problematic or acne-prone skin. I loved that one pump covered my entire face (good for the wallet). This product is essentially a face moisturizer that has properties in it to help prevent blemishes and correct ones that have already started to show. I noticed that when I wore it throughout the day it really helped to control oil and kept my skin nourished in the cold weather, and it also didn’t break up my makeup! Basically you can’t go wrong with this product in the slightest – it has so many benefits!

Finally, I tried the Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser. This product claims to diminish breakouts by removing excess oils and dead cells while controlling bacteria that causes breakouts. It is directed to use 1-2 pumps morning and night to thoroughly clean your skin. It is a very thin consistency, and while I did not enjoy the smell (it literally smells like straight clay), the immediate results were incredible. My skin felt instantly cleansed and pure without feeling dehydrated or tight. I also noticed the size of my pores were much smaller which was a definite plus in the morning prior to makeup application. Finally, I found I got similar results to a mask without having to wait the 15 minutes, and I am able to use this cleanser multiple times a day. So, if you can tolerate the scent, it is a great product.

Bottom line,  I’ve quickly come to love the entire Ren brand. I really feel as if they have a line to target every skin type, and I like knowing that I am not putting parabens on my skin. So if you’re having issues with your skin, I’d recommend turning to Ren to find some products that are targeted to your specific skincare needs.

Zoey is a third year Honours Communications student at Wilfrid Laurier University. Besides writing for Her Campus, she is an avid planner, Netflix enthusiast and Youtube beauty video obsessed. If she’s not on campus or in her bed it's safest to assume she’s at the mall (#shopaholicprobs). Her goal after university is to obtain a position in PR or marketing!
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem