Rating the Iconic TimBiebs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

I’m not the biggest Bieber fan, but when I heard the Canadian icon was collaborating with Tim Hortons… I did feel like it was my obligation as a Canadian to try it out. Was I expecting more? Yes. Was I disappointed? Maybe. Will I likely get them again? Probably. Let’s go through the ups and downs of each flavour.

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip

First up on the chopping block is the sour cream chocolate chip. I mean, I’m sure everyone who’s had this one can agree on it absolutely just tastes like a sour cream glazed Timbit. There’s nothing really special about it. I was expecting it to be filled with chocolate chips on the inside, but it was really just about three chocolate chips stuck on the outside glaze. This one was definitely my least favourite, although I’m not the biggest sour cream donut fan to begin with. The idea was there, but the execution failed. Overall rating of 5/10.

Chocolate White Fudge

If we’re being honest… the chocolate white fudge was simply a chocolate glazed Timbit. The little bit of white chocolate coating on the outside had barely any taste. At times, it would taste like white chocolate for a second, but it would fade away just as quickly as you bit into it. I think overall, this was my second favourite one as it did have a bit of a different taste than the regular Timbit and a nice crunch, but that different taste was very minimal. Overall rating of 7/10.

Birthday Cake Waffle

Saving the best for last with the birthday cake waffle flavour. This was the only flavour that I thought tasted different from a normal Timbit, and it lived up to its name as it did taste exactly like a birthday cake and a waffle! It also had a little fruity taste to it like strawberry or something; my friend even said it tasted like a weird Dunkaroo! I thought the maple syrup taste for the waffle was very prominent and unique. It was definitely my favourite as it was filled with confetti pieces and deliciously unique! Overall rating of 9/10.

I definitely do not regret buying the TimBiebs because I feel as though I’m involved in a huge part of Canadian history LOL. A ten pack of TimBiebs is only 70 cents more than the normal ten pack. Therefore, I truly think it’s your duty as a Canadian or an individual living in Canada to go and try out the iconic collaboration between Canada’s two most important features… Justin Bieber and Tim Hortons. Let me know your thoughts and ratings on the iconic TimBiebs!

Maya Allen

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Maya is a third-year communications major and global studies minor. Her passions include traveling, helping others, staying active, cooking and Harry Styles.