Wellness

Quotes That I Live My Life By

At least once or twice in your life, you have probably heard someone speak in terms of a quote. Almost everyone has that “go to” quote that they live their life by or think is really cool. I, too, have a quote, in fact, several quotes, that I live my life by and think are really cool. Here are my favourite four quotes and what they mean to me.

“All you need is faith, trust and a little pixie dust.”

Now, something that you should know is that I love Disney, more importantly, Tinkerbell. I relate to Tinkerbell in a number of ways, but that is not why I love this quote. When I make a decision about something I need to trust myself and have faith that the decision I am making is the right one. With that being said, sometimes that decision can be a little chaotic, so I like to add a little pixie dust to it.

“In the end, we only regret the chances we did not take.”

Like most people, I experience FOMO (fear of missing out). For me, this started when I was in high school. I would see everyone hanging out and feel like I was missing out on all the fun. Once I got to university, I decided to change things and start trying to experience more things. That only lasted a few months until COVID-19 happened. Now back in school, I want to take every opportunity I have and live in the moment. One of my biggest fears is that I will regret the chances I did not take. So, I try to live by this quote, take every opportunity I can, and live my life at the moment instead of worrying about the future.

“You tried so hard to shatter my spirit, but a soul full of love can never be broken.”

Growing up, I was bullied. I went through a lot and had to deal with an insane amount of stuff at a young age. Even though I dealt with so much at a young age, I never lost my spark. There were many people who tried to shatter my spirit in a variety of different ways, but it never broke me. If anything, it made me stronger. You cannot break something strong and powerful, which is why I live by this quote. I had so much love and joy to give regardless of what was happening; therefore, I could not be broken.

“My love is not fragile.”

Something that everyone tells me is that I am a loyal friend. Now, this could be because I am a Taurus, but I think it is because my love is not easily breakable. You have to really hurt me for me not to care about you. Sometimes this is a curse more than anything but if I care about you, know that I love you and will do anything for you.

Quotes are a funny thing. A person’s favourite quote can change their mindset and view of the world and themselves. Before I started living by these quotes, I had a different outlook on life. Who knows what quote might change my life next or even your life?

Amanda Morrison

Wilfrid Laurier '24

4th-year Psychology and Sociology major with a minor in Criminology at Wilfrid Laurier University.