This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Fall is in the air girlies, which means fall makeup looks are upon us.  Bring on the dark lips, dark eyeliner and metallic eyes, because we were born ready to slay these classic autumn looks!  Keep reading to find out 2017’s latest fall makeup trends, and how to make your everyday makeup looks fall ready.

1. HOT FIRE Lips

Forget the nudes this season, it’s all about making your lips poppin’ this upcoming fall!Trade your nude lippies for some sexy bright orange tones to commemorate the leaves changing.Keep your look simple with some foundation, concealer and a light contour.Add a touch of mascara to your lashes and a bit of highlight to your upper lip, cheeks and tip of your nose to finish it off.

Need recommendations for the perfect lip colour? Look no further than the DESIXKATY Dose of Colours liquid lip in the shade “Hot Fire” because, well, the name says it all.

2. Deep Lips

If super hot colours aren’t your cup of tea this season, try out a dark lipstick because when the air gets colder, the lips get darker.  Dark lips and crisp air go hand in hand, that’s just how it goes.  Neutral eyes and a dark lip scream fall, so use foundation and concealer as per usual, but use your bronzer in the crease of your eye to smoke it out a little and add a light cream colour to your lid.  Blend everything together, throw on some mascara, apply your super dark lip, and prepare to wow everybody. 

Best vampy lip colour?  Try out the Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in the colour “Plum Role”.  Two words: So. Fall.

3. Clear Skin

Even if you don’t have super clear skin, you can definitely give off the illusion that you do with this simple makeup look.  Fresh skin is super in this fall season, so make sure you prep your skin with some moisturizer and apply a light layer of foundation.  After this, use concealer to spot treat any acne spots, let it dry, and if you need more coverage, add another layer of foundation.  Need more coverage? Set your face with tinted powder.  To make your skin look healthy and glowy, add highlight to the bridge of your nose, the high points of your cheeks and on your upper lip.  Lightly contour your face, add some mascara and you’re good to go!  Make sure to hydrate your lips with some lip balm. 

Need a go-to full coverage foundation?  Try out the new FENTY BEAUTY Pro Filter foundation.  There are 40 shades in this range, so you’re sure to find one that fits your skin tone!  PS. Drink lots of water to hydrate your skin and keep it healthy all year long!

4. Winged Eyeliner

Fall is the perfect season to go all out with your winged liner.  Since the focus of this makeup look is on your eyes, invest in a waterproof, heat proof, and, just for the hell of it, sex proof, eyeliner that will keep your eyes looking on point all day long.  Use the eyeliner to draw a straight line across your lids, close to your lash line, and flick the tip of the liner at the end to form a pointed wing.  Add some mascara, follow your normal foundation/contour routine, and remember to keep the lips neutral.  Either a nude or a light pink lip will do since you want all the attention to be on your eyes. 

Best eyeliner to achieve this look? Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner.  Trust me, this eyeliner won’t go anywhere.   

5. Metallic Eyes

Can’t forget about playing up your eyes this fall.Metallic shadows are the perfect way to celebrate the coming of autumn, and it’s definitely a trend to try for this upcoming season.Cream shadows are the best to use to achieve this look, and they’re super user friendly.Choose any gold/brown/copper/cranberry tone cream shadow and use your finger or a brush to cover your eyelid with it.Done!Just follow the rest of your makeup routine, add some liner, mascara and a nude lip and you’re good to go!

Try out the Tom Ford Cream Colour in “Platinum” to achieve this super quick and easy look.

There you have it! 5 super quick, easy, and head-turning fall makeup looks that will help you ring in the new season in style!Make sure to try them out, all the best!

Wilfrid Laurier Student who loves anything and everything related to fashion, beauty and lifestyle. Constantly living life though the wise words of fashion icon Coco Chanel, who preaches, "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.