Perfect Shades of Nude for Every Skin Tone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Nude lips are one of the few makeup trends guaranteed to never go out of style. They effortlessly pull a look together by adding that your lips but better factor to your face each morning. If you haven’t tried the magic of a nude lip yet, I promise adding even the slightest bit of colour to your lips (yes, even a nude!) can do wonders for brightening your entire complexion.

The key with nude lipsticks is finding a shade that complements your skin tone. There are so many variations of the term nude, and finding a colour that works for you may seem like a daunting task. We don’t necessarily want a shade that matches our skin tone identically, but rather a shade that reflects our natural lip colour. It’s important to remember that not all nude shades will necessarily have the word NUDE plastered across it. To be honest, most often the shade nude in a typical lipstick line only works for a handful of people! To make the nude lip achievable for collegiettes of all skin tones, Her Campus has created a list of iconic drugstore and high-end lipsticks in every shade of nude!

Alabaster:

For light-skin girls with pink undertones, try to keep the shades pale and rose tinted. Colours such as Maybelline’s Nude Lust will add a slight shimmery pink to the lips, and another great option is a cult-favourite, Myth by Mac.

Light:

For fair-skin collegiettes with light features, keep your shades warmer with golden undertones! Try Nyx Soft Matte Lip Crème in Stolkholm or Mac’s Honeylove to achieve the look.

Olive:

For tanned-skin with green undertones, shades of mauve and brown will typically complement well! Try Daringly Nude by Maybelline or Mac’s Velvet Teddy.

Medium:

For medium-skin tones with yellow and beige undertones, try darker shades of bronzey, brown-tinted pink! Gone Greige by Maybelline and Candy K by Kylie Jenner will work flawlessly.

Mocha: For mocha-skin collegiettes, shades of darker caramel and orange-toned roses complement beautifully! Try colours such as Limbo by Colourpop and Touch by Macx .

Dark: For dark-skin girls, try shades of bronze with taupe undertones to create definition. Colours such as Touchable Taupe by Maybelline and Jubillee by Mac are stunning options!

Collegiettes, finding your perfect shade just got a whole lot easier! Rock a nude lip with confidence this Fall! xo

Olivia Di Pede

Wilfrid Laurier

Olivia is a fourth year English major with the Management Option at Wilfrid Laurier University and a Style Blogger for Her Campus. In her free time she can be found taking yoga classes, scavenging Sephora and creating content for her personal lifestyle blog. She is a perpetual reader, frequent dancer and lover of the sea. Follow her on instagram @oliviadipede and follow her journey at http://oliviadipede.com
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem