This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

I’m writing my last article as I just finished my last ever final exam. After five years, I can finally say I have completed my undergrad. All those late nights studying, crying sessions and excessive amounts of coffee were worth it. I’m so sad to be done, but I wanted to write this article as a thank you to Laurier, for giving me all the opportunities that I took that got me to where I am today. My undergrad would not have been the same without these experiences and people.

First, the biggest thank you to all my friends who helped me through my tough times, and for giving me so many memories and good times. Thanks for studying with me in our favourite places (Cough cough the science atrium second floor) and for Tim’s runs. Thank you for all the fun parties and pot lucks and bar nights (even though we would leave early to get food). Thank you to all my friends I brought with me to uni and those friendships I made along the way. Thank you to my boyfriend, who I met at one of those bar nights, for helping me and supporting me always. I know with my friends, I always had someone to support me and I wouldn’t have gotten through my undergrad without any single one of you. Most of you are also graduating at this time, and you should be incredibly proud of yourself for your hard work! I have a thank you to my family as well, for always believing in me and knowing I’d go on to do great things.

Another thank you goes to another opportunity I took, which was rushing Alpha Omega Sorority. Thank you Alpha Omega for giving me sisters I never thought I needed, but I really did. My confidence has grown and I know I’ll always have sisters to support me. I’ve made s many life-long friends throughout my time with this organization and for this, I’ll forever be grateful. 

Next, I think a huge thank you to Her Campus is obvious. Thank you to Her Campus Laurier for giving me new skills, as well as an amazing opportunity to be one of the campus correspondents alongside Rebecca. I’m so proud of how well everyone in this organization has preserved this past year, and every single person in this club has empowered me and gave me confidence in some way. You each have left your mark on me and I will take the lessons along with me. It truly is the ultimate girl gang and I am grateful for every single day I’ve spent in this club. My only regret was not joining it sooner!

Thank you for all the learning opportunities I’ve gotten, Laurier. Thank you for the courses that I could take that interested me, and to the profs who actually made learning fun. I’ve discovered my career path through my time at Laurier, through different courses and from the perspective of different professors. I’m so grateful to have been given this experience so I can figure out what I really want to be. Through my growth, I’ve also learned what is important to me and that I should never be quiet about it. I’ve learned to do things that are what’s in my best interest and focus on myself more. Thank you Laurier for giving me all these opportunities that I have to be thankful for. Without this school, I wouldn’t have made all these friendships or had any of these experiences.

These past five years have taught me so much, and I am a completely different person than when I first started. I’m walking out of this chapter with an honours degree in Biology and Psychology and a minor in Criminology. It wasn’t easy and as hard as it is to think, I should be proud of myself. And I am, I just completed a bomb-ass degree! As sad as I am to be closing this chapter of my life, I am so excited for my future, with grad school and more, and I know that I will be taking everything I learned; all my connections, friends and memories with me for the rest of my life.

Peace out Laurier…It’s been a great time!

Chelsea Bradley

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chelsea finished her undergrad with a double major in Biology and Psychology and a minor in Criminology. She loves dogs way too much and has an unhealthy obsession with notebooks and sushi. You can find her quoting memes and listening to throwbacks in her spare - okay basically all - her time. She joined Her Campus in the Fall of 2019 as an editor, acted as one of two senior editors for the Winter 2020 semester and worked alongside Rebecca as one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2020-2021 year!