My Methods for Manifestation and How I Started Believing in Law of Attraction

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

I was first introduced to manifestation many years ago by popular social media influencers who swore by the practice and seemingly got everything they wanted. However, I was always skeptical of the practice as the premise of it is to wish for something you want and eventually, if you wish hard enough, you’ll receive it. But in the past few months, I decided to up the ante and try multiple methods of manifestation in order to see if it works. Surprisingly, my findings have been extremely positive and caused me to believe more and more in attracting everything you want in life through this practice.

Actually Believing it Will Happen
One of the biggest parts of manifesting something into reality is actually believing what you want can happen. It is so easy to talk negatively about yourself in terms of things you want, whether that be weight loss, receiving a job you want or acing a test. I’ve learned that by speaking aloud negative thoughts and beliefs, you’re putting into the universe the possibility of failing or becoming unsuccessful in your end goal. However, by doing the opposite, you’re putting a positive word into the world and therefore attracting a higher possibility of success. I attempted to do this with a midterm I was nervous and felt unprepared for by recording clips of myself confidently stating that I will ace the midterm in question. I did this multiple times during the week prior to the test. Despite feeling unprepared and nervous, I ended up receiving an almost perfect grade after practicing this form of manifestation.

Work Hard and the Universe Will Reward You
By wishing for something to happen and not actually putting in the work, you aren’t showing the universe the degree to which you want whatever you’re attempting to manifest. This doesn’t have to be working for exactly what you’re manifesting, but by working hard in general you can be rewarded by receiving your end result. This can be putting in your best efforts not only in whatever you’re attempting to achieve but putting your best foot forward in everything surrounding you, whether that’s a job, schoolwork or assisting a friend. Putting good energy and hard work into the universe will reflect on you by providing you with what you dream of.

Showing Gratitude
Asking for things is one thing but being grateful for what you already have is another. Showing gratitude is an important aspect of manifestation, as it shows the universe that despite wanting more, you are still grateful for what you have. Many people who practice gratitude keep a journal in which they write a daily list of a few things they’re grateful for to remind themselves of the good that still occurs in their life. Even outside the practice of manifestation, this is an important thing to do and reflect on for mental health aspects of life. Reminding yourself of the good in life is important to ensure you’re reminded of the little things in life before attempting to conquer the big.

Write it into Existence
One of the most common manifestation practices is through writing. There are multiple methods, however, when paired with hard work and good energy, all result in receiving what you’re hoping for. One method involves writing a sentence repeatedly, of what you want to receive. Writing must be in the present tense as if you already have it. For example, a sentence such as “I have an 80% in algebra and am confident in my abilities” creates a confident mindset as if you already have what you’re hoping for. Another method is writing out a scenario as if it already happened, putting it into the universe as what you want. The most important thing is to make sure present tense is used, fake it until you make it and have what you’re looking for.

As a person who was skeptical of the law of attraction prior to attempting to practice it, I’ve discovered the power of a positive mindset and strong energy which attracts good things into my life. Using a variety of methods, I have had things happen to me that I never thought would be true until I used manifestation and the law of attraction to attract the larger things in life. The most important thing to remember is to maintain a positive and open mindset in order to achieve what you’re attempting to receive, and the universe will reward you with good things.

Kaileigh Klein

Wilfrid Laurier '25

My name is Kaileigh & I am a communication studies student at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario. I am the Vice President of Writing for our Her Campus chapter & love everything there is about writing. My career goals range from journalism to marketing, with interests in all creative fields as I love reading, writing and content creating. I love reality TV & am a huge gym rat, as the gym is my favourite place to be. I am also quite obsessed with Taylor Swift & true crime podcasts.