My Favourite Online Shops for COVID-Friendly Shopaholics!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Happy spring to my fellow shopaholics! Now that spring is here and the days are longer, brands are releasing their spring lines. I’ve got you covered with my favourite online shops so you can stay safe during the pandemic this season.

1. Starlite Village

This first online shop is actually a jewelry brand founded by YouTube personality Hannah Meloche. The brand started as a merch line for Meloche’s fans and has now evolved into a trendy and affordable jewelry company. Starlite Village has new products and collaborations releasing almost monthly. I have ordered from here a few times and I love their huggie earrings; they are comfy and super cute.

2. American Eagle

This may seem like an obvious choice for young adults, especially to buy jeans, but I stand by their products. They are inclusive and have a good range of sizes. Online, they have products that are online products only, which are more inclusive of curvy body types. Their jean lines have a variety of different styles to suit you and your body type. I really can’t see myself buying jeans from anywhere but here! Another thing that I love about American Eagle is their points program, which rewards you as you shop. I have received a few free and low-priced items, as well as money off from my online orders. All you have to do is sign up online or in-store!

3. Cupshe

This bathing suit company has the trendiest, cutest and most comfortable suits I have been able to find online! The company offers a wide variety of options from bikinis, one-pieces, dresses and beach wraps. I have ordered three bathing suits from here, all of which fit true to size and arrived in a timely manner. Plus, there is the “Sunchasers Club,” which you can join to gain rewards!

4. Indigo/Chapters

This is an obvious one, but I love Indigo for several reasons. They have, of course, a wide selection of novels and reading materials but they also have some really cute décor pieces that you can use to decorate your dorm, apartment or home. Check them out while you’re online shopping. You never know what you may find, and as a bonus their arrival time for shipping is outstanding!

5. Online-Only Shops

I love shopping at various online stores, some of which I have not purchased from yet but may interest you, including Pretty Little Thing and White Fox Boutique! Both of these companies offer Canadian currency, which is great, so you don’t have to worry about the US-CAN dollar conversion. White Fox is one of my go-to sites to browse on. I plan to buy something from there very soon, and many of their reviews have great responses from satisfied customers! A smaller business, founded by Tess Christine, is Backyard Roses. I just purchased a dress from here and I am still waiting for it! I suggest checking it out; they have the latest trends in spring fashion, and I am loving every piece they release. If I could buy the entire line, I would!

There are many other options to shop from, but these are my favourite, especially for this spring. Happy shopping and stay safe!

Kristyn Cole

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Kristyn is an outgoing and determined student who loves to take photos, listen to music, and hang out with friends. In her free time, she enjoys watching movies, and occasionally going shopping! Kris loves chocolate-covered strawberries and huskies. She joined Wilfrid Laurier's Her Campus in the Fall 2020 Semester to pursue her passion for writing.
Rebecca is in her 5th year at Wilfrid Laurier University.  During the school year, she can be found drinking copious amounts of kombucha, watching hockey and procrastinating on Pinterest. She joined HCWLU as an editor in the Winter 2018 semester, and after serving as one of the Campus Correspondents in 2019-20, she is excited to be returning for the 2020-21 school year! she/her