im the problem trend?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
im the problem trend?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
@kelseydangerous / @kelseysoles / @keepingupwithhopie
Culture > Digital

My Favourite Non-Toxic Content Creators

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Social media can be a highly toxic culture full of individuals negatively influencing others’ mindsets through what they believe to be important. The online culture is full of expensive body transformations, large clothing hauls and online bullying between celebrities. It’s easy to want to delete all social media for the greater good. However, there are many positive, beneficial influencers you could be following that could uplift you. Here’s my list of my favourite content creators who have positively impacted my social media experience.

Lexi Hidalgo

One of my favourite social media content creators is a girl by the name of Lexi Hidalgo. Lexi grew on TikTok during the pandemic with her mental health, Florida-inspired content where she promotes a positive, happy lifestyle. Her content is curated toward living in the moment, which actually inspired her podcast titled Moments which comes weekly as she talks about mental health, meditation, self-worth and realistic struggles many girls go through. Overall, her content is easy to absorb but you won’t walk away feeling as if you need to change anything about yourself as many social media influencers promote. She makes her audience feel joy and lets them know they’re not alone in any struggles they’re going through.

Rin Rudd

A smaller content creator, Rin goes by the TikTok username @yogirl_rin where she makes daily content about her nomadic lifestyle. After escaping the typical North American 9-5 work life, Rin has adopted a nomadic life where she spends months at a time in different countries, working at different hostels and meeting new people everywhere she goes. Her content is very raw and real and allows you to explore what life could be like without the hustle culture in North America. She gets tattoos in every new place she goes and teaches the audience of her new experiences. Overall, her content is very raw and allows her audience to think of a new lifestyle outside the norm.

Natalee B

By the username of @nataleebfitness on TikTok, Natalee promotes positive gym culture by going to the gym dressed in or doing things that would be considered embarrassing. Her message is that nobody is watching you in the gym, which is proven by the fact that everyone around her ignores the embarrassing things she wears and does in her content. Not only does she promote this, but she has her typical saying of “there’s nothing I can’t do” which she repeats over and over again in her videos. She makes her audience feel more comfortable in the gym and even in my personal experience has made me see the gym more as a fun playground rather than a scary experience.

Kaylin Mally

Content creator Kaylin Mally’s primary platform is TikTok, where she promotes a high vibrational lifestyle where she believes you can get everything you want in life if you simply put in the work and manifest everything you wish to happen. Her content is beautifully curated for aesthetic purposes, however, she also does sit-down videos explaining how to manifest and get everything you want in life. Her energy and voice allow you to believe her and she creates energy that motivates you to follow her advice and get everything you want and deserve. Her typical content includes aesthetic five AM morning routines and daily vlogs alongside sit-down explanatory videos as to how you can curate your best life.

Social media can be a toxic place, but it doesn’t have to be. Unfollow all those who you feel bring you down and make you feel like you’re not enough and subscribe to those who inspire you and those you can positively learn from. The influencers I discussed are only the starting point of content creators who make a positive impact on social media. Dig deeper to make your algorithm include positive vibes and good energy within every platform you scroll through.

Kaileigh Klein

Wilfrid Laurier '25

My name is Kaileigh & I am a communication studies student at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario. I am the Vice President of Writing for our Her Campus chapter & love everything there is about writing. My career goals range from journalism to marketing, with interests in all creative fields as I love reading, writing and content creating. I love reality TV & am a huge gym rat, as the gym is my favourite place to be. I am also quite obsessed with Taylor Swift & true crime podcasts.