body images 2018 08 08 Bedroomjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2018 08 08 Bedroomjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Decor

My Favourite Items in My Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Décor makes a huge impact on the vibes and mood of a room, and I sincerely believe that it is important to have a space that reflects my personality and keeps me motivated and beyond content. Read more to discover my most loved and appreciated items in my bedroom.

Record Player

I absolutely adore my vintage record player. I received it as a Christmas gift one year and it spruces up the place. It is retro, has a distinctive sound quality and adds a glamorous and elegant touch to my bedroom. Not only does it make for a great speaker, but it’s also a beautiful décor piece. In my opinion, it also makes it easy to answer the question, “what do you want for your birthday” as new albums are always coming out and a vinyl is a perfect gift.

Whiteboard

As a university student, I understandably have a busy schedule. Being able to visualize my week and plan out my day is extremely important, so a whiteboard is a must-have item. My whiteboard is hung above my desk, so I am forced to look at the tasks that need to be accomplished during the day. On one side of my whiteboard, I have a to-do list, which I update daily, and the remainder of the board is covered with a monthly layout. It is super satisfying to be able to wipe off a completed task during the day, clean off an entire day at the end of the night and organize a schedule for the next month.

Art Prints

I recently decided to redecorate my room and art is a great way to tie in a colour scheme and create a mood or vibe. I purchased my prints from Socitety6, and I admire them so much. The website has so many options in terms of designs and color palettes, so it is easy to find something that fits everyone’s style.

Bean Bag Chair

It is super important for me to separate my room into separate sections and associate different sitting places to different tasks. For example, I can’t do schoolwork while sitting on my bed but I am always able to accomplish more while sitting at my desk. In the same way, I associate my bed with strictly sleeping, my bean bag is a dedicated space for relaxing, reading a book and taking a small break from studying without wanting to nap in bed.

Plants

Okay seriously, I don’t know a single person who doesn’t enjoy the aesthetic of plants. They boost my mood, reduce stress and improve the overall appearance of a space. It has also allowed me to create a morning routine as I am encouraged to get out of bed in order to water my plants.

Bullet Journals

Boy, do I love my bullet journals. They have provided such an amazing creative outlet and have also given me the opportunity to schedule and plan my days, while also releasing pent-up emotions and thoughts. Honestly, I love laying out monthly trackers and making lists for various occasions, so a bullet journal is a very useful item.

Thanks for reading about my favourite and most useful items in my bedroom, and I hope I have inspired a redecoration or reflection.

Isha Pabla

Wilfrid Laurier '24

Writing has always been a passion of Isha's, and while pursuing a major in business and computer science, she finds it wonderful to be able to exercise her creativity and activism with Her Campus. Isha enjoys writing about social justice issues, community engagement and social wellness.
Chelsea Bradley

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chelsea finished her undergrad with a double major in Biology and Psychology and a minor in Criminology. She loves dogs way too much and has an unhealthy obsession with notebooks and sushi. You can find her quoting memes and listening to throwbacks in her spare - okay basically all - her time. She joined Her Campus in the Fall of 2019 as an editor, acted as one of two senior editors for the Winter 2020 semester and worked alongside Rebecca as one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2020-2021 year!