This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Have you ever run out of a certain product, but your brother, boyfriend, roommate, etc. has a drawer full of men’s products available? Or are you just looking to try something new? These products work just as well, if not better, as the ones marketed towards women!

Razors and Shaving Cream

There are a few differences between the design of men’s and women’s razors, but, that being said, men’s razors can still work well for women. They may not be as aesthetically pleasing, but they get the job done. The same goes for shaving cream!

Hair Gel

You can use hair gel for a lot of purposes – I use it on my eyebrows to keep them in place, and in the same way I use mousse when I run out and don’t have time to go to the store.

Deodorant

I actually prefer men’s deodorant over women’s. I feel like there is a bigger selection, it’s very heavy duty, and it smells just as nice. However, if you aren’t into the smell, you can always opt for an unscented one. 

Aftershave

Aftershave is a great moisturizer and can also function as a makeup primer. I learned from a beauty Youtuber, nikkietutorials, that the glycerin makes the product tacky and as a result, makeup sticks better to the face. She discusses Nivea Men’s Aftershave Balm in this video.

Men’s Boxers

I literally sleep in men’s boxers every night as pajama shorts. They are comfy and pretty cheap, depending on the brand!

Scents

Men’s products smell nice – even on women. For example, I always use my boyfriend’s AXE Apollo body wash and his BVLGARI Aqua cologne. It all comes down to preference!

Just because a product is advertised as being for men doesn’t mean you can’t use it too! Find what works for you by experimenting with different products!

Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.