This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The semester is coming to an end, and we think there’s no better time than the present to showcase the hard-working members of our executive team. These are the gals responsible for ensuring that our social media accounts look flawless, our events are super fun and our articles are perfect. They do a great job year-round, and Her Campus Wilfrid Laurier would not be the club we are without them. So without further ado, here is our first ‘Meet the Exec’ post!

Name:

Sophia Cole

Year and Program:

Fourth year English/Psychology

Where can people find you on social media?

My insta @sophcole_

When did you initially join HCWLU, and what team were you on?

I joined in my first year at Laurier as a writer.

What is your go-to outfit for school?

Joggers and a baggy sweater

What is your go-to study drink?

Green tea

What is your go-to pastime?

You can usually find me at the gym or with a good book.

What is your go-to TV series/movie?

The Office

What is your go-to hype song?

Truth Hurts by Lizzo

What is your favourite course that you’ve taken at Laurier so far?

Literature and social change

What are your plans for the future?

I am planning on doing a postgraduate degree next year in public relations.

What is a recent fascination or obsession of yours?

Pokemon GO

What motivated you to become an executive for HC this year?

Her Campus has been a huge part of my university experience since my first year at Laurier so I wanted to take on a larger role so I could help others have the amazing experience that I had.

How do you balance being a Her Campus executive with other commitments?

A whole lot of time management and caffeine.

What have you learned from your experience as a Her Campus executive?

Aside from all the interesting things I’ve learned from reading and editing articles, I have learned a lot about content creation, time management and team work.

What is your favourite article from the semester?

Definitely the infiltrating online incel forums article.

What is your favourite memory from this past semester?

Definitely the movie night social!

What are you most looking forward to next semester?

I’m looking forward to reading all of the amazing new articles next semester.

What tips do you have for anyone thinking about joining HCWLU next semester?

Just dive in and apply! Even if you’re nervous, I can promise you than joining HC will be both a personally and professionally rewarding experience.

If you think Sophia seems like the greatest person to work with in the world, you’re right! And luckily for you, she works closely with our writing and editing teams – both of which will be hiring new members for next semester. We’ll be posting all the information you need to apply on our social media accounts, so make sure you’re following us!

Rebecca is in her 5th year at Wilfrid Laurier University.  During the school year, she can be found drinking copious amounts of kombucha, watching hockey and procrastinating on Pinterest. She joined HCWLU as an editor in the Winter 2018 semester, and after serving as one of the Campus Correspondents in 2019-20, she is excited to be returning for the 2020-21 school year! she/her