This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

It’s the sixth and final installment of our ‘Meet the Exec’ series, and to close things out we are profiling my fellow Co-President, Sarah! Like me, she helps to oversee everything happening within the club, from the articles we upload to what our executives are doing, while also maintaining correspondence with our contacts at Her Campus Media. She’s a confident and upbeat leader, and one we’re lucky to have, so without further ado, let’s hear from Sarah!

Name:

Sarah McCann

Year and Program:

4th Year Double major Communications Studies & Psychology

Where can people find you on social media?

Insta: @sarah_mccann73

When did you initially join HCWLU, and what team were you on?

I joined Her Campus in the winter semester of my second year (2018) on the social media team. From there, I was the Social Media Director for the 2018-2019 school year, and now I’m Co-President!

What is your go-to outfit for school?

Depends on the season, but I tend to be a knit sweater and jeans kinda gal.

What is your go-to study drink?

It’s developed from hot chocolate, to mochas, to straight-up coffee now.

What is your go-to pastime?

When I’m not in class you can usually find me at the A.C. for dance, or talking someone’s ear off about literally anything.

What is your go-to TV series/movie?

My recent Netflix faves are Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Schitt’s Creek – both SO funny

What is your favourite course that you’ve taken at Laurier so far?

I liked CS250 Introduction to Creative Industries, and PS270 Social Psychology

How do you balance being a Her Campus executive with other commitments?

I’m not going to lie – it’s difficult! I try to set aside certain times for Her Campus specifically, school work, time for other extra-curriculars/work etc. Let’s just say that when we post an article about productivity or time-management, I read it ASAP.

What is your favourite article from the semester?

I have a few, but I really enjoyed Melissa Wang’s “5 Life Lessons my Breakups Taught Me” – It was written in a very mature way but was still super relatable for readers!

What are you most looking forward to next semester?

Our team has been writing so many great articles lately and have been sharing very personal stories, which I think make for some of the best pieces. A lot of effort goes into writing and sharing these articles every week, but to me, if an article has an impact on even one person, it’s worth it. I can’t wait to see what our writers come up with next semester. We also have some super cool events in the works – so stay tuned!

What tips do you have for anyone thinking about joining HCWLU next semester?

Just put yourself out there and apply! There’s a space for everyone here and we all love meeting new people. On top of that, being a part of Her Campus is a great resume booster as you’ll learn so many new things!

If you want to join Sarah and the rest of our team as a member of Her Campus Wilfrid Laurier stay tuned to our social media, where next week, we’ll be releasing our applications!

Rebecca is in her 5th year at Wilfrid Laurier University.  During the school year, she can be found drinking copious amounts of kombucha, watching hockey and procrastinating on Pinterest. She joined HCWLU as an editor in the Winter 2018 semester, and after serving as one of the Campus Correspondents in 2019-20, she is excited to be returning for the 2020-21 school year! she/her