This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Dear Tacos,

I love you SO much. For many reasons, actually. What are those reasons you might ask? Well, let’s taco ‘bout it!

1. So. Much. Variety.

Gluten free? Easy – swap the flour tortillas for corn tortillas. Vegetarian or Vegan? Who needs meat? Stuff those babies with mushrooms and veggies. Pescetarian? Boom. Fish or shrimp tacos (my FAVOURITE). Love meat? Well, I hope there’s a “mix and match” option on the menu, because you’ll never be able to choose between chicken, fish, shrimp, beef, al pastor, steak, and who KNOWS whatever else is out there. The possibilities are literally endless!

2. There ain’t no party like a Taco Party!

Want to have the girls (or guys, I guess) over for a dinner party? Nothing is easier than tacos. Hard shell, soft shell, meat, lettuce or cabbage, cheese, tomatoes, cilantro, guac, salsa, pico de gallo, hot sauce, sour cream – you name it. Tacos are hands down THE easiest meal to prepare in bulk and leave everybody satisfied with the opportunity to customize their own.

3. They have their own fricken day.           

TACO TUESDAY BABY LET’S GO!!! If you live in Waterloo, I would like to inform you of the secret of the city. Ethel’s. Taco. Tuesdays. Every Tuesday after 4pm, with the purchase of a beverage, (alcoholic or not). Ethel’s tacos are fifty cents each. Yes. $0.50. They come in groups of 4, with your choice of fresh salsa, guacamole, or sour cream so, basically, I’m telling you that you can get a basket of 4 tacos for $2.00. However, why stop there? Why not order a double and get 8 tacos for $4.00? Even after a drink and a generous tip, you’re walking out stuffed full for less than $10. If I wasn’t in fourth year, I probably would’ve left this point out just because I can’t afford for Ethel’s to get any busier on Tuesdays. Ethel’s is my Zen, my place of peace and happiness.

4. You can order tacos everywhere you go because they’ll always be different!

From Ethel’s to Beertown, an order of tacos means something different. It is my opinion that (unless your server recommends otherwise) tacos are almost always worth trying. Sure, there are good burgers and not-so-good burgers, but –unconventional toppings aside–  a burger usually just tastes like a burger. Tacos, however, they exist in their own distinct realm of hunger and cravings. Truly a blessing from above (and by “above,” I mean Mexico).

Tacos, I owe you. You have done so much for me over the years in both hunger satisfaction and emotional support. You have cured my perpetual hanger many times over and for that, my friends and I – we both thank you. You’re always there for me, whether it’s after class or after the bar, you are just the consistency I need in my life.

To those of you reading this, happy Tuesday. Please celebrate accordingly and responsibly.

Yours truly,

Hangry EmB

Emily Barrieau

Wilfrid Laurier

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.