Style

Lingerie Recommendations to Help You Feel Sexy This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

So… I don’t need to tell you that it’s been cold lately (which I know is appropriate for late November, but I am still not a fan of it). Unfortunately, it is only going to get worse as we move into second term. The problem with it being so cold is that it becomes a lot harder to dress cute and feel cute while also not losing limbs to frostbite. But I have a solution! Even though we need to wear bulky layers to keep warm, the clothes under the layers can be just the thing to keep us feeling cute.

Here’s a list of some sexy undergarments and lingerie that you can find in stores this season, and how you can work them into your wardrobe to keep yourself feeling hot in this frigid, frigid Canadian winter.

1. Bralettes

These are the easiest item on my list to implement into your everyday wardrobe because the lack of underwires tends to make them very comfortable to wear, and there is a wide variety of bralettes to help you find your signature sexy style.

I’ve collected some examples of different styles you can check out, to show the simple sexiness of a good bralette. First, there’s Aerie’s Wildflower Lace Padded Halter Bralette. This bralette has modest coverage while giving good support, and the lace and halter style will leave you looking cute as hell.

Also by Aerie is the Desert Lace Padded Bralette. This racerback bra comes in a series of colours, with the light glacier grey being my favourite winter style.

Finally, Garage has a Crushed Velvet Bralette that is unpadded and sexy, with the crushed velvet giving it a wintery feel.

2. Matching bra and underwear sets

Winter is actually the perfect time to wear elaborate push-up bras and underwear, because bulkier clothes such as knit sweaters are thick enough to hide the fancy bedazzlement and straps that might be visible in summer clothes. Just be careful to make sure you avoid wearing bras that are particularly lacy for long periods of time, because they can get itchy.

My favourite place to find matching bra and pantie sets is La Senza. One to check out is the Up 2 Cup Push Up Bra (and matching panties). The bright white rhinestones and lace edges make me think of snow, and the straps are irresistible.

I also love this Beyond Sexy Push Up Bra, with its matching, tiny G-string and stocking attachment. Very sexy Christmas vibes in my opinion.

And finally, a less strappy, more conservative option: a white Beyond Sexy Push Up and panties with dark lace patterns. This set is an example of how you don’t need a bunch of straps and microscopic underwear to look hot.

3. Chemise

Chemises and other nightgowns are not necessarily something you can wear under everyday clothes, but you are able to sleep in them which can make you feel so fancy. It just blows my mind how comfortable these things are, while also making you look like a sexy movie star.

We’re going to start with the sexiest, because I feel like it: La Senza’s Satin Wrap Chemise is ridiculously gorgeous, though I make no promises to how comfortable it is to spend the night in.

Next is La Senza’s Lace and Satin Chemise, which is the most comfortable nightgown I own, even with all the lace and straps. And it keeps everything contained, while still being revealing and sexy (I promised myself while writing this article I wouldn’t reveal any of the things I own myself. Whoops).

There is also La Senza’s Modal Chemise, which will make you look like an old fashioned movie star, and Victoria’s Secret’s High-Low Satin Slip, which is longer and elegant, while still lacy.

4. Cut-out and strappy lingerie

As you can see, this list is straying away from things you can wear under everyday clothes, but that’s fine. With matching underwear, this lingerie will make you feel like an absolute supermodel. The wide variety of colours and styles available gives you the freedom to dress how you like, which is difficult to do with regular clothes in the winter months.

La Senza has the most elaborate lingerie I’ve ever seen. If you’re looking for straps, look no further then these two Strappy Unlined Lace Bras and matching underwear (white and blue). They look a bit elaborate to get into, but the combination of sheer lace and interconnected straps promises to make you feel seductive.

For something with cut-outs, check out this Unlined Stripe Mesh Bra (and panties), and this Pushup Merrywidow. Imagine sliding a silk robe off your shoulders and revealing either of these two, and you’ll know what I mean when I say they are more than sexy.

5. Bodysuits

I would argue this is the winter version of lingerie because it covers more of your body (and by extension keeps you warmer… I know it’s ridiculous but let me have this). Like the other lingerie discussed in this article, there is a wide variety of bodysuits you can purchase to suit your needs, in different fabrics and with different cuts.

La Senza’s Unlined Balconette Bodysuit is strappy, sexy, and has minimal coverage. There’s no way you can feel anything but drop-dead gorgeous in it.

If you’re looking for something a little less scandalous, and a little more elegant, check out Victoria Secret’s Fontaine Lace Bodysuit.

And finally, by far the most revealing, with a vibrant but still wintery colour, check out La Senza’s Unlined Lace Barely There Bodysuit.

Stay sexy this winter with one of these options!

Meghan Mazzaferro

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Meghan is an English and Film Studies major who has dreamed of being a writer all her life. When she's not writing essays and watching films for class, she loves to read YA novels and rewatch her favourite TV shows for the 100th time. Proud plant mama of 24 green beauties, and willing to adopt all the dogs.
Rebecca is in her 5th year at Wilfrid Laurier University.  During the school year, she can be found drinking copious amounts of kombucha, watching hockey and procrastinating on Pinterest. She joined HCWLU as an editor in the Winter 2018 semester, and after serving as one of the Campus Correspondents in 2019-20, she is excited to be returning for the 2020-21 school year! she/her