The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Exam Attire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

We all know the feeling: our blaring phone alarm wakes us up in the early morning hours (after a few clicks of the snooze button) and we know a full 12-hour study day is upon us. We groggily brew coffee into travel mugs and gravitate towards the all too tempting “leggings and sweatshirt” outfit combo in an effort to maximize our study time and head to library ASAP. We’ve all fallen into this trap maybe a few too many times, but I’ll let you in on a little secret, collegiettes: “dress well, test well!”

I’m not telling you to go to the library in a full suit (obvi!) and hope that you’ll get an A on your exam, but what I am saying is that putting even the slightest effort into your outfit actually does have an effect on your confidence, self assurance, AND study habits. Even if you just plan to study at home, change out of your pajamas and dress for the day! You’d be surprised with how much more alert and optimistic this little step will make you feel. It’s completely possible to be effortlessly comfortable yet still look presentable and chic! Her Campus has complied all of our favourite outfit pieces for maximum comfort and cuteness this exam season.

1. Blanket Scarf:

Our number one secret to bringing your bed to the library with you: a BIG scarf! It’s great to amp up any outfit and to stay warm on a late night walk home.

2. Joggers:

We are totally excited that joggers have become a staple style piece with fashion bloggers everywhere. Yes, you heard us, JOGGERS! A cropped or slim fit jogger is obviously comfortable, but is also street style chic this year.

3. Sneakers:

The ultimate study shoe. Simple white sneakers have become iconic for their ability to add an effortless, contemporary appeal to even the most basic outfit.

4. Long Cardigan:

Duster cardigans are such a perfect study option because they honestly feel like a robe and are such a comforting yet on-trend piece. Try a black or grey toned duster cardigan this season!

5. Baseball Cap:

This is the perfect remedy for the inevitable bad hair days during this stressful time! Try a suede or leather hat for added glamour or a simple logo of your favourite sports team.

6. Bralette:

Because honestly who wants to wear a real bra when they’re studying?! A bralette is the perfect option for giving support without the restricting underwire and cups! A bralette also looks adorable and girly paired under a loose tank or t-shirt.

Best of luck on exams, collegiettes! The holiday break will be here before you know it! xo

Olivia Di Pede

Wilfrid Laurier

Olivia is a fourth year English major with the Management Option at Wilfrid Laurier University and a Style Blogger for Her Campus. In her free time she can be found taking yoga classes, scavenging Sephora and creating content for her personal lifestyle blog. She is a perpetual reader, frequent dancer and lover of the sea. Follow her on instagram @oliviadipede and follow her journey at http://oliviadipede.com
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem