Laurier Style Watch: Mia Giallonardo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Here at Her Campus Laurier, we are always looking for fun and exciting new ways to share new content for our readers! That is why we are so excited to announce the launch of our Laurier Style Watch Series!

Meet Mia Giallonardo.

The first ever ‘It’ girl for our Laurier’s Style Watch edition! I have interviewed Mia about her passion for fashion and what she recommends to others on how to improve their wardrobe!

Check it out below:

Aritzia jacket (wilfred), Aritzia dress (wilfred free), Aldo accessories necklace and Adidas superstar sneakers

Who’s your favourite designer?

Alexander Wang

What inspires your fashion sense?

The street style of my favourite bloggers and celebrities, like Aimee Song and Kendall Jenner, especially around fashion week.

Describe your style in three words or less?

Edgy, monochromatic, and alotofblack

What is your favourite item in your closet?

My leather leggings, they make every outfit!

What is some advice for someone looking to improve their wardrobe?

Try to look for things that are different than what everyone else is wearing but still make you feel like yourself. Fashion and style are very different things, if you’re always trying to keep up with the latest trends you might sacrifice your own unique style.

Ladies feel free to be in touch with Her Campus if you want to be featured on next week’s Laurier’s Style Watch! Email us at: wilfrid-laurier@hercampus.com

Hi I'm Kira! I am a second year communications honours student pursuing the legal studies option at Wilfrid Laurier University. Currently, I am a fashion and lifestyle journalist for Her Campus. I love anything and everything which stem in creativity, whether it be art, fashion and music (I am bias to indie rock). I am a workout junkie but still enjoy a nice big slice of chocolate cake way to often. If you want to do something adventerous and new I will be right at your side. Let's be friends and go do something crazy together, follow @kira_gelb. 
Elyse Mulhall

Wilfrid Laurier

Third year Communications and Global Studies double major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON, Canada. What you should know about me? Incoming Co-Campus Corespondent and Co-Editor in Chief for Her Campus WLU! Obsessed with all things surrounding: good conversations, good people, good food, instagraming and beyond. Like these things? I like you! Let's be friends? instagram @emulhs