Laurier Style Watch: Cristina Mackenzie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Meet Cristina Mackenzie Laurier’s all rounded star studded fashionista with her down to earth boho vibe. She is a Laurier Icebreaker and an awesome dancer. Watch out for this second year communication student strut the halls and as everyone stares and admires her unique style. 

1)     where do you get your fashion inspiration?

I have been fortunate enough to travel a lot growing up, especially within Europe. I definitely think that has inspired the European chic style I tend to gravitate towards. I am also a huge fan of purchasing clothing or accessories from little unique shops or boutiques when I’m visiting a new city. They really stray from the mainstream or current craze, which I really love.

2)   what is your fashion staple?

I would definitely have to say my fashion staple is a scarf, as basic as that sounds. I own a lot of scarves that incorporate mosaic and patchwork prints and I wear one pretty much every day. I definitely wouldn’t say my style is very vibrant in colour, which is why I love wearing one of my scarves to give the outfit that extra bit of “umph”.

3)   what are you fascinated by at the moment and how does it work into your wardrobe?

Steven Avery. The orange jumpsuit is really in right now. No I’m kidding. I would have to say I am super fascinated by shirt dresses. I know that is completely random and most people probably wore them as a kid (I definitely did), but now that I’m actually capable of styling it to look good as either a dress or unbuttoned long shirt, I dig them.

4)   what is one piece of advice for someone trying to improve their wardrobe?

The advice most people would give to someone looking to improve their wardrobe is to keep it simple. I say dress in a way that makes you feel confident and comfortable with who you are. I’m no expert when it comes to knowing all of the do’s and don’ts of fashion because for me, there really are none. It’s your style, own it.

5)   Describe your style in three words or less?

Edgy Bohemian Glam

Want to find out about more fashionable students on campus?? Know someone who should be featured?? Email us! wilfrid-laurier@hercampus.com

Hi I'm Kira! I am a second year communications honours student pursuing the legal studies option at Wilfrid Laurier University. Currently, I am a fashion and lifestyle journalist for Her Campus. I love anything and everything which stem in creativity, whether it be art, fashion and music (I am bias to indie rock). I am a workout junkie but still enjoy a nice big slice of chocolate cake way to often. If you want to do something adventerous and new I will be right at your side. Let's be friends and go do something crazy together, follow @kira_gelb. 
Elyse Mulhall

Wilfrid Laurier

Third year Communications and Global Studies double major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON, Canada. What you should know about me? Incoming Co-Campus Corespondent and Co-Editor in Chief for Her Campus WLU! Obsessed with all things surrounding: good conversations, good people, good food, instagraming and beyond. Like these things? I like you! Let's be friends? instagram @emulhs