Style

If Socks Could Talk: What Your Socks Would Say About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Socks are more than just a barrier between you and your shoe. Socks are a detail which could be taken as a statement in a world of people who judge books by covers. 

This article is for those people who wear socks, so pretty much everybody I’ve ever met. If you don’t wear socks, feel free to skip this article and go read another one: I have six others you can read. 

Anyway, back to the sock wearers — have you ever wondered what your sock choices say about your personality? Well, look no further, because I’m bringing you the answers. 

All you need to do is look at your feet and then find the category that best matches your sock choice! For more accurate results, pick the category of sock you believe you wear the most. 

Your options are Knee High, Hole, Simple Pattern, Mismatched, Matching, Funky Print, Toe, Plain, Fuzzy and Sporty. 

1. Knee High Socks

Your socks say you are confident. Fashion is your middle name. People think you are nice. You are the kind of person who is always willing to help. You are comfortable with your style and people appreciate your style choices. You are driven by the desire to be loved, so you appreciate being in the spotlight. You know what you want in life and you’re willing to work for it. The world is your oyster! The horse is your spirit animal. 

2. Hole Socks

Your socks say you are chill. Easygoing is your middle name. People think you are funny. You are the kind of person who is very co-operative and open to new ideas. Fashion is not your number one priority. You are quirky and people like to talk to you. You tend to procrastinate yet handle problems with brilliant tact. No worries are on your horizon. The sloth is your spirit animal. 

3. Simple Pattern

Your socks say you are optimistic. Lucky is your middle name. People think you are magnetic. You are the kind of person who always shows gratitude. You are a bit mysterious. You are driven by success. People come to you for clarity and advice. You are beautiful inside and out. Despite your many stresses, you do try to take care of yourself and always put your best foot forward. The fox is your spirit animal.

4. Mismatched Socks

Your socks say you are clever. Thoughtful is your middle name. People think you are truly gifted. You are the kind of person who tells it how it is. Honesty is not an issue for you. You value your time and seek out meaningful relationships. People come to you for support. You are genuine and known as truthful. You are intelligent yet humble and you think before you speak. The deer is your spirit animal.

5. Matching Your Outfit

Your socks say you are charming. Successful is your middle name. People think you are an old soul or at least a bit old-fashioned. You are an excellent judge of character. You are somewhat reserved. People come to you for knowledge, such as school-related questions. You are always polite. You don’t let people in close but you’re always there to lend an ear. The elephant is your spirit animal.

6. Funky Print Socks

Your socks say you are brilliant. Unique is your middle name. People think you are very calculating. You seem to have your life together. You are a delight to be around and you have a colourful personality. You are a little bit different but in a valuable way. You are a person of depth and a great conversationalist. You have insight which others lack. The owl is your spirit animal. 

7. Toe Socks

Your socks say you are a little weird. Hyper is your middle name. People think you are friendly. You are very silly and amusing. People come to you for a good time. You are warm and open. Fun is what drives you in life. You don’t take things too seriously and you’re always down for a good laugh. You are exciting, lively and live for the sunshine. The monkey is your spirit animal. 
8. Plain Crew Socks

Your socks say you are effortlessly cool. Witty is your middle name. People think you are shy, but there’s a whole other side of you that you keep reserved. You are a little strange and awkward but people still like to seek out your company. You are well groomed and a bit of a nerd. You are quiet but a go-getter. The turtle is your spirit animal. 
9. Fuzzy Socks

Your socks say you are cute. Cuddly is your middle name. People think you are downright adorable. You are truly kind and infinitely patient. You see the best in people. Your friends come to you for hugs. You seek comfort in life. You are very outgoing and loveable. The panda is your spirit animal. 

10. Sporty Socks

Your socks say you are adventurous. Athletic is your middle name. People think you are a little wild. You have an interesting personality and are always down for new things. You are known for your inner and outer strengths. You are very alert and vivacious. Your smile is contagious. People seek out your energy. The cougar is your spirit animal. 
It is important to leave off with the fact that there was no real research put into this, it was just me sitting at my computer, imagining the type of person who would wear each category of sock
So ultimately this was just for fun; that being said, the results may or may not knock your socks off. 

Simmone Huras

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Simmone Huras is a 3rd year Political Science Major at Wilfrid Laurier University.
Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.