This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Ever wonder how your star sign affects your romantic relationships? Read these unique qualities about your sign to find out how you’re unintentionally screwing up your love life.

Pisces (Feb. 19 – Mar. 20)

Pisces are one of the most emotional water signs in the deck. You are often very self-pitying, indecisive and have quite a temperament. You are a sensitive and vulnerable person who sometimes uses these traits to your advantage when trying to attract a desired partner. Sometimes it is hard for you to separate fantasy and reality in your own mind. Pisces men and women are also very self-sacrificing when trying to keep their partner happy. Even though you are sometimes seen as too emotional and needy, you are also one of the most compassionate and understanding zodiac signs.

Aries (Mar. 21 – Apr. 19)

Aries are an impulsive and energetic fire sign. You move on your first instincts when it comes to love, and this doesn’t always help you in the long run. You are quite blunt and often express your interest in a person very quickly. This is because you easily get infatuated with every new person you meet, and when your partner doesn’t return the same energy as you, you tend to get bored and move on quickly. You are thrilled by the chase of trying to find someone who returns your level of interest. Even though this sometimes sets you up to be rejected, you are able to easily continue on with your life and tend to get your way most of the time.

Taurus (Apr. 20 – May 20)

Taurus’ are known to be very hardworking individuals. You are willing to work your ass off to achieve your goals. You value honesty and loyalty in your relationships, however, you sometimes tend to get in your own head and stress over material things that don’t really matter. Your sign is represented by a bull, and just like those stubborn creatures, you do not like to budge. You tend to take disagreements too personally and don’t easily change your mind. You must remember that all relationships require compromise and flexibility to be healthy and balanced.

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)

Gemini are one of the most intriguing zodiac signs out there. Geminis are known to be a very two-faced, friendly and social sign. You are talkative and spontaneous, easily capturing someone with your upbeat demeanor. Your enthusiasm about life makes people fall in love with you very easily. However, you have the need to stay active constantly, which is very difficult when someone is trying to get to know you on a more deep and personal level. You must learn to open up to people on a more emotional level and remember that FOMO only goes so far when you’re cultivating a new relationship.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

Cancers are the sign of the crab; they are emotional and vulnerable signs with a tough exterior. You often attach yourself quite easily with any new person you meet, but your tough shell stops you from trusting people completely. At the slightest mishap, you quickly become defensive and can put your guard back up right away. You are a confident creature who is highly intuitive, yet you are often blind-sided by a person’s negative traits when you are attracted to them. You are a generous being who is nurturing to everyone they care about, but must learn to do that with the right people.

Leo (July 23 – Aug. 22)

Leos are fire signs ruled by the sun. You love a classic romance that puts you at the center of the universe. Your lion persona can make you very vain and bossy, but you are just as sensitive as you are confident. You struggle to take criticism well, even when it’s meant to be constructive. You are also not so good at giving up your leadership role when someone else wants to be in charge. You must realize that relationships are not just about how they look on the outside, they also require dedication, vulnerability and compromise.

Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22)

Virgos are one of the most analytical signs of the zodiac. Virgos love absorbing new information and the way to their heart is through intellectualism. Your strong critical thinking is both your greatest strength and your greatest weakness. You can sometimes be too much of a perfectionist and find small reasons for why someone is not right for you. Your judgements can be harsh and frankly, quite senseless. For a healthy relationship, you must remember that everything in your life does not need to line up perfectly with your partners for both of you to be compatible.

Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22)

A Libra’s greatest quality is their ability to connect with others. You are most often happiest in a relationship, so it’s common for you to be diving head-first into any romantic affair. Libras are ruled by Venus, the planet of love and beauty. Your love can make your partner feel like you’re in a rom-com and you definitely know how to impress them. However, you are very afraid of disappointing your partner and tend to refrain from conflict as much as possible. You need to remember that arguments do not mean breakups, instead they offer opportunities to grow, learn and establish boundaries with your partner.

Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21)

Scorpios are powerful water signs symbolized by the scorpion. You have an intensity unlike any other sign, and when it comes to love, you don’t hold the intensity back. You want a relationship that is emotionally, sexually and spiritually driven. You are a magnetic sign and sometimes use your powers to your own advantage. At your worst, you can become obsessive and have both control issues and power struggles in your relationships. You must be aware that your connection with a person is precious and that sometimes it’s a lot easier to let go of grudges than to hold on to them forever.

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 19)

A Sagittarius’ personality is not one that can be handled by everyone. Sagittarius’ are very willing to take big risks just to satisfy their daring curiosities. You are the life of the party and don’t believe in taking bullshit from anyone. You are a very independent sign that likes to roam free, which is why flings are a lot easier for you than commitment. Even though you hate being tied down, you need to learn to accept your partner as your co-pilot because sometimes adventure is a lot more exciting with someone else by your side.

Capricorn (Dec. 20 – Jan. 19)

Capricorns are known to be one of the most responsible and perceptive signs. You are hardworking, ambitious and very goal-oriented. You know what you want in life and don’t like to waste time on relationships that aren’t in your best interest. You have zero tolerance for stupidity and you are not afraid to vocalize that. However, you are a very compassionate and genuine sign when you allow yourself to open up to others. You need to work on not treating your partners like your employees. You must learn to lighten up and accept other people’s flaws.

Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18)

Aquarians are ruled by the planet of Uranus. You have a very open-minded personality and thrive on being different from everyone else. You are the humanitarian sign of the zodiac and care deeply about other people’s problems. You are not particularly affectionate, so you often confuse romance with friendship. Alone time is very critical for you and relationships become difficult when you start feeling claustrophobic. You should always try to communicate your need for independence without coming off as heartless. You do care, but just have your own unique way of showing it.

Relationships aren’t easy for anyone, but knowing your sign’s specific romantic blind spots will help you work towards more successful relationships!

Chandni Bhatt

Wilfrid Laurier '21

Chandni is a fourth-year Global Studies and Political Science student. She loves writing, reading and binge-watching Netflix tv-shows.