This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

If you’re reading this, you must know the pain and agony of a hangover.  We’ve all been there and have drank too much the night before, not realizing what we would be getting ourselves into the next day. Yes, last night we were sure that “one more shot” was a GREAT idea. Or maybe it was that vodka cranberry that the cute boy from chem class bought you that you just couldn’t turn down. Well, here you are now with a pounding headache, nausea, and faded memories of last night, and desperate to get rid of this hangover. Lucky for you, we are here to help you recover and ensure that you’ll be good as new for next weekend.

Hydration!

Today, water is your best friend. Everyone knows the importance of staying hydrated, but this is especially true when you are drinking. Alcohol dehydrates your body, so drinking water rehydrates you. If water isn’t your favourite, keep a Gatorade nearby! Gatorade has electrolytes, which helps to replenish your body. Your body will thank you later!

Breaky

There’s nothing that will kill a hangover like a killer breakfast. Hit up your favourite greasy spoon restaurant for the best bacon, eggs, and hash brown combo, and OF COURSE lots of coffee! This is sure to bring you back to life and is a good chance to catch up with your squad on last night’s adventures.

Sleep it Off

Now that you’ve indulged in your breakfast (or lunch, because let’s be real, you’re not waking up early enough for breakfast), it is definitely hitting you. A long nap is sure to get you out of this funk. Make sure you don’t sleep too long, because you still need to get a good night’s sleep.

Take a Walk

Nothing kills a hangover like some fresh air. It is time to get out of bed and get some sunshine. MAJOR TIP – do NOT forget your sunglasses and Advil. Trust us, even Kanye said it.

Drink Responsibly!

Our final piece of advice is: if you want to make sure your hangover is never this bad again, make sure you are drinking water throughout the night, and are drinking responsibly. Happy partying!

Jaimie Goldstein

Wilfrid Laurier

Hi, my name is Lauren Kohn and I am a second year Communication Studies student at Laurier. I love writing and giving advice to my peers as well as making new relationships!
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.