How to Make Sweats Look Cute, Because Sweats Are Life After All

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Sweats are every girl’s answer life. I mean we would live in them forever if we could, right?  Whether school is kicking our butt or we’re just super hungover from hard-core partying the day before, sweats are the holy grail of comfy-ness and the definition of relaxation.  The problem is, sweats are kinda hard to NOT look unattractive in.  Keep reading to find out ways to spice up how you wear your sweats so you look effortlessly chic instead of just…effortless.  

Rock your Sweatpants like a Kardashian

Fashionista Kim Kardashain learned a thing or two from hubby Kanye when dressing up her sweats.  Like Kim, compliment your sweatpants with a super cute bodysuit and you’re ready for a night out!  You’ll make everyone jealous with your comfy yet chic style on a night out on the town, so channel your inner Kardashian and give this look a try!

Matchy Matchy

Try rocking a matching set of sweats to make your look more put together!  Ok, so this look might make Regina George’s mom think we’re trying to cop her style, but we can’t help it, it’s totally cute!  Sweats come in a bunch of different colours, so rock your fav in a matching set and it’ll be like you went that extra mile even though you’re just in a pair of comfy sweats!

Layers

For those of you ladies about to enter the colder months, sweats are a definite must for when you’re ready to feel cozy 24/7!  Layer your sweats up with pieces like denim or leather jackets to spice them up a bit.  Sweats also look cute with warmer accessories, like knit hats or blanket scarves, so if you’re feeling extra comfy this winter season be sure to try layering up your usual sweats!

Cute and Cropped

Take a normal sweat suit and jazz it up with a crop top instead!  Pull off this look by having your sweatshirt unzipped to show off a little skin with a cute crop!  Pair with matching sweatpants and your look goes from zero to hero!  Kylie would definitely approve.

Casually Cozy

This look is a definite winner any time of year!  Rock your cropped sweatpants with a plain white tee and oversized cardigan.  Pair with your fav sneakers and you have a look that will keep you comfy and cute all day long!

Hope you found these tips for spicing up your comfy sweats useful!  We all love sweats but we love looking cute too, so why not have the best of both worlds?

Wilfrid Laurier Student who loves anything and everything related to fashion, beauty and lifestyle. Constantly living life though the wise words of fashion icon Coco Chanel, who preaches, "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.