Style

Her Campus Laurier’s Spring/Summer Look Book

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Even with the crappy weather we’re experiencing right now, it’s hard not to get excited for the gorgeous spring and summer weather. Most of us will be on summer break within the next three weeks, and the exam feels are leaving me desperate for warmer weather and sunshine! I’ve consulted with my Her Campus Laurier team to share some of our favourite spring and summer looks.

1. Pastel pinks

Nail polish, blushes, and lipsticks, oh my! Fun, flirty, and absolutely stunning, pastel pinks perfectly add to the brightness of a beautiful spring day. Her Campus president Jenna Steadman shares, “so easy, so cute, so spring!”

2. Floral prints

Spring and summer are the perfect time to step out of your comfort zone by trying some bright floral prints: shoes, rompers, jeans, you name it. Florals are perfect for brightening up an otherwise neutral look!

3. Highlighter

If I could only have one makeup item, I think highlighter would take the honour. I just love the little bit of shimmer it adds to my every day look. The endless choices make finding a highlighter you love so fun- palettes, plain shimmer or rainbow, decisions, decisions, decisions. My personal favourites are the Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Golden Lights from Ulta and the Maybelline Facestudio Master Fairy Highlight Rainbow Highlighter.

4. Light, shimmery eyeshadow

The PERFECT way to brighten up your eye makeup! Pastel pink shades or light cream coloured shimmers are perfect for your look, or you can try smudging a little bit of your favourite highlighter all over your lids and pair with long, flirty lashes for the perfect spring or summer look. I love using the Crown Rose Gold Palette or the Naked 2 Palette to achieve this look!

5. T-shirt dresses

Perfect for casual wear, or if you’re trying to dress up a bit, these dresses combine comfort with looking absolutely unstoppable!

6. Denim Jacket

Going out on a cooler night? No problem! Pair a denim jacket with literally any outfit, and bam, you’re good to go!

My name is Emily Saunders. I’m a first year Health Sciences student at Laurier and I’m thrilled to be a part of HerCampus this year! Some of my passions include dancing, running and being an advocate for youth mental health. I’m looking forward to putting my skills to use as a writer on the 2018 HerCampus team! Instagram: @emmygrace1999 Twitter: @ESaunders99
Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.