Life > Experiences

HCWLU is Hiring New Members for Winter 2020!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Now that the Fall semester has come to an end, we are so excited to be opening up applications to join our team for the Winter 2020 semester! Be sure to apply by January 1st at 11:59PM if you want to join our chapter of the #1 online publication for collegiettes! 

We have four teams with openings for the upcoming semester; read on for position descriptions and links to the application forms!

Writing

Her Campus is first and foremost an online magazine, so our writers are a very important part of our club. They write about anything from fashion and beauty to entertainment and pop culture, to sex and relationships! Writers are expected to contribute at least one 450+ word article every week of the term. Writers respond to the co-presidents, Rebecca Courteau and Sarah McCann, as well as the Head Editor, Sophia Cole. If you are passionate about sharing your thoughts and opinions, this is the role for you!

Apply HERE!

Editing

Our editors are the people working behind the scenes to ensure that the content that we publish is of the best quality possible. Editors check the articles of their 3-5 assigned writers for spelling, grammar, clarity and formatting. The editing team is overlooked by our Head Editor, Sophia Cole. If you like the idea of contributing to the publication aspect of Her Campus, without the pressure of writing every week, the editing team could be the perfect team for you!

Apply HERE!

Events

Our events team is responsible for planning and executing all of our socials and events – duh! Every semester, the events team pulls off internal socials for team bonding, external events to engage the Laurier community, and charity events to give back as much as possible. The events team responds to Erin Dooley, Director of Events. If you’re always coming up with creative things to do with your friends, you’re the kind of person we’d love to have join our events team.

Apply HERE!

Video Director

A new position to HC, the video director role will join our marketing team to help promote our club in fun and creative ways! If you want to gain experience conceptualizing and making eye-catching videos, this is the role for you! As a member of the marketing team, you would respond to Rachel Radice, Director of Marketing.

Apply HERE!

Have any further questions? Don’t hesitate to email our co-presidents at hc.wilfridlaurier@hercampus.com, or contact us on social media!
Rebecca is in her 5th year at Wilfrid Laurier University.  During the school year, she can be found drinking copious amounts of kombucha, watching hockey and procrastinating on Pinterest. She joined HCWLU as an editor in the Winter 2018 semester, and after serving as one of the Campus Correspondents in 2019-20, she is excited to be returning for the 2020-21 school year! she/her