Halloween Episodes of Your Favourite Shows to Binge Watch this Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Halloween is everyone’s favourite time of year … and if you don’t agree, we’ll just consider you a real-life witch. One of our personal favourite parts of Halloween, besides the dressing up, candy, haunted houses and scary movies, is the amazing Halloween episodes that some of our favourite shows put out. We’ve compiled a list (in no particular order) of some of the BEST Halloween TV show episodes.

Friends “The One with The Halloween Party”:

A classic! In this episode, Monica and Chandler are throwing a Halloween party. Phoebe runs into Ursula and invites her (and her cute new fiancé) to the party. As the episode goes on, we see Chandler in a pink bunny costume, Ross as “Sputnik,” Mona as a Doctor — or as Joey says, “Hot Nurse” and Phoebe and Monica as rival superheroes — Superwoman and Cat woman. If you have never seen this episode before, we would highly recommend it, 10/10 for a good laugh.

That’s So Raven “Don’t Have a Cow”

Major TBT: this is for you nostalgic, Disney Channel lovers. In this episode, Raven and Chelsea turn into literal cows. But honestly, this episode does not need an explanation — EVERYONE has seen it.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Halloween Winner (1-5)” 

We think these are our all-time favourite Halloween TV show episodes for sure! In the original “Halloween Winner” episode, Jake Peralta makes a bet with Captain Holt that he can steal his Medal of Valor before Halloween is over. Add in some crazy stunts and a plot twist and it became tradition for every Halloween to have a new episode of Halloween Winner; same challenge, same people competing, different winner every time. And the stunts get crazier and crazier. We won’t give any spoilers away, because we know you’ll be watching this Halloween!

How I Met Your Mother “Slutty Pumpkin”

Oh Ted, such a hopeless romantic. In this episode of How I Met Your Mother, Ted and Barney attend the same Halloween party they go to every year, where Ted is determined, every year, to find his “lost love” a girl he met years prior wearing the Slutty Pumpkin costume. Ted wears the same costume every year since then in hopes to find his mystery girl. **SPOILER ALERT** He finds her and ends up not liking her. Seriously if you haven’t watched this yet, watch now. We love Ted.

Boy Meets World “And Then There Was Shawn”

Throwing it back a little. Boy Meets World is a classic — and one that we love! In the episode of “And Then There Was Shawn,” the friends are stuck in school in detention, on Halloween. The entire episode is an homage to past Halloween TV show episodes, like Scooby-Doo, South Park and more. A must watch!!

The Office “Halloween”

The Office is always sure to make you laugh — and the Halloween episode does not disappoint. While Michael has a big decision to make in the month of October, he decides to wait until the last day to make it. While Jim is off pranking Dwight, Creed turns things around on Devon and Jim admits he has feelings for Pam. It’s a whirlwind episode that had us laughing so hard out stomachs hurt.

The Suite Life of Zach and Cody “The Ghost in Suite 613”

Big throwback coming your way, one of our favourite shows growing up was The Suite Life of Zach and Cody — and this episode was one of our first “horror” shows we ever watched! Everyone is convinced there is a Ghost in one of the suites and they try to channel it, leaving Esteban in a scary situation. All the while Zach continues to pull pranks on everyone he can — unfortunately ending up in a spooky place.

That 70’s Show “Too Old to Trick or Treat, Too Young to Die”

Last but not least, That 70’s Show. This show always kept it real with us. With the gang thinking they are too old to trick or treat, Fez forces them to go out, being as it is his first Halloween costume. Of course, Red does not let one episode go by without threatening to put his foot in someone’s ass and the boys see some X-rated things next door. The costumes in this episode are hilarious — and we absolutely LOVE it.

Well, that’s it. Some of the best Halloween episodes on TV shows. Seriouslym if you haven’t watched these, we are questioning what your Halloween is all about. Have a spooky and safe Halloween, we can’t wait to see what TV shows will put out this year!

Happy Halloween!

Jaimie Goldstein

Wilfrid Laurier

Hi, my name is Lauren Kohn and I am a second year Communication Studies student at Laurier. I love writing and giving advice to my peers as well as making new relationships!
Madeline McInnis

Wilfrid Laurier '19

Madeline graduated from the BA+MA program at Wilfrid Laurier University in 2020. In her undergraduate degree, she majored in Film Studies and History with a specialization in film theory. She later completed her Master's of English degree, where she wrote her thesis on the construction of historical memory and realism in war films. If you're looking for a recommendation for a fountain pen or dotted notebook, she should be your first line of contact.