Halloween Costume Ideas for You and Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

One of the best parts of a night out with friends is getting ready together, and with Halloween right around the corner, it calls for the ultimate dress-up session with your closest friends. Whether you are going out to a party, staying in to carve pumpkins or watching a scary movie, these costumes will make your night memorable!

Black and White Swan

The first idea is black and white swan costumes. These are great matching costumes, and the best part is that they are easy to create. All you will need are black and white tutus with a matching top. A bodysuit will work best as ballerinas typically wear leotards. In addition to your outfits, your makeup should be contrasting as well. The individual wearing the black swan costume should go for a more intense makeup look, like a dark smokey eye, while the white swan should do a lighter makeup look like pink lips and blush. Then for your hair, a simple bun will do.

Blair Waldorf and Serena van der Woodsen from Gossip Girl

This is a perfect option for a blonde and brunette friendship duo. Not to mention, Blair and Serena are also best friends, so it is very fitting for you and your bestie. While the two have many iconic looks, the one that stands out is their school uniforms. So, to dress up as Blair and Serena you will need to wear a plaid skirt and a white blouse. Blair usually wears headbands and Serena always has some sort of statement accessory, like a purse, tie or scarf. 

The Grady Twins from The Shining

Since Halloween is all about the scare, here is a creepy costume idea for you and your friend. The Grady Twins are from the iconic horror movie and book, The Shining. To portray them, naturally, you two will need the same outfit. This outfit should consist of a light blue short-sleeved dress, a pink ribbon tied into a bow at your waist, white knee socks and black flats. 

Angel and Devil

The angel and devil fits are a little more basic and common in comparison to the other costumes. However, it is an easy costume to replicate because the accessories can be readily found at most stores. For this costume, one of you should wear a red outfit while the other should wear white. If you are dressed up as an angel, you will need a halo and wings, while the devil will need horns and a pitchfork. This is definitely a good last-minute costume.

Cher Horowitz and Dionne Davenport from Clueless

This 90s duo are still fashion icons today! To dress up as Cher and Dionne you will need plaid skirts and blazers. In the movie, Cher wears a yellow matching set while Dionne wears black and red. Dionne also wears a black and white hat, so the individual dressing up as her can also add this accessory to their outfit. 

The spooky season can be such a fun time, and hopefully, these five costumes give you and your friend some inspiration and ideas for Halloween. Enjoy your night and remember to stay safe!

Elvan Ulkuseven

Wilfrid Laurier '24

Elvan is in her 2nd year at Wilfrid Laurier University studying Business Administration (BBA), with a minor in French. Her passions include reading and baking. She is very excited to be writing for Her Campus this year!