A Guide to Fall Bath and Body Works Candles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

The leaves are changing colour and summer has officially come to an end. Coming home can feel a lot cozier once you light up a few candles and instantly remember why you love this wonderful season. Bath and Body Works is usually the go-to for many candle-lovers, as they have a variety of scents, and are guaranteed to have one that you are bound to love. To help you out, here is a guide to help you find the perfect candle this fall season. 

Why Bath and Body Works candles are worth the investment:

The candles are made from vegetable wax and have led free wicks, creating a safe burn for the home. With three wicks, these candles are the most even burning candles you can find, and can also last up to 48 hours. The candles can make a small-sized room smell amazing, even without burning!

FALL CANDLES 2017

FALL IN A CANDLE

When you want your home to smell like fall:

LEAVES

Scent Notes: Crisp Red Apple, Golden Nectar, Warm Clove Spice

SWEET CINNAMON PUMPKIN

Scent Notes: Harvest Pumpkin, Spiced Clove, Vanilla Cream, Brown Sugar

THE SMELL OF “MAN”

For the times when you just want to smell men’s cologne:

SWEATER WEATHER

Scent Notes: Fresh Sage, Juniper Berry, Aromatic Eucalyptus, Fresh Woods

SWEET 

If you have a sweet tooth but don’t always want to stuff your face with dessert:

BLACK CHERRY MERLOT

Scent Notes: Dark Cherry, Black Raspberry & Sumptuous Merlot

MARSHMALLOW FIRESIDE

Scent Notes: Toasted Marshmallow, Smoldering Woods, Fire Roasted Vanilla, Crystallized Amber

APPLE AF 

If fall isn’t all about all things apple, then you’re probably doing it wrong:

PUMPKIN APPLE

Scent Notes: Red Delicious Apple, Fall Pumpkin, Fresh Ground Cinnamon, Clove Bud

AUTUMN

Scent Notes: Bright Red Gala Apple, Juicy Fig, Eucalyptus Leaf, Fir Balsam

How to get the best deal

To ensure you get the best deals, make sure you sign up for the emails in store, as there is no Canadian website. Look out for Candle Day, which happens during the holiday season, where all candles are $10.95 (this only happens once a year). SPC and coupons work on top of in-store deals. SPC cannot be used in combination with items that are marked 50-75% off. 

Satisfaction Guaranteed 

Bath and Body Works has a satisfaction guaranteed policy that many customers do not know about. If you happen to buy a candle (or any other product) that you don’t like the smell of, you can exchange it for another one, even without a receipt and if the candle has already been burned!

Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.