This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

That time is here, the days of spending fourteen hours in the library reading endless chapters of your textbook or finishing the final essays due. Sometimes you are going a little stir crazy and you seriously need some fresh air and a study break. Here is our list of some fun study break ideas!

#1. Alumni Field

With the warm weather drawing closer, one of the best study breaks is grabbing a few friends and heading to Alumni Field to toss around a football or a Frisbee. This is great for an hour of laughter and exercise to get you away from your desk.

#2.  A Sunshine Stroll

We’ve seen it all around campus, the sunshine comes out and so do the smiles on peoples faces. Bring some joy back in your life and go for a walk with a friend and soak up some sunshine rays. You could always hit up your favourite coffee shop, and sip and stroll. Take a stroll in uptown, grab Starbucks, and enjoy seeing people doing things other than stressing over finals! The caffeine boost will also be a plus!

#3. Free Classes at the AC

One of the best things about exam season is the FREE classes offered at the AC. This is an awesome opportunity to try something you have never done before. Maybe it is kickboxing, a boot camp class, or maybe take advantage of the pool that you pay for in your tuition!!

Check out www.laurierathletics.com for more information on classes and times!

#4. Waterloo Park – Petting Zoo

Laurier is so lucky to have Waterloo Park right next door, and it’s a perfect location for a study break! Whether you take a stroll along the boardwalk, relive your childhood by swinging on the swings or you go and visit the animals at the Petting Zoo! We at Her Campus went and checked it out this week and the animals are outside and looking for attention, so go and pay them a visit!

#5. St. Jacobs Market

A mini adventure to the farmers market in Waterloo could help you get some groceries done and bring back some delicious and ripe fruit, or maybe some other unique items. On Thursday and Saturday Mornings St. Jacobs market is open for business and if you haven’t been there for a visit, we would highly suggest this study break idea! It is a living in Waterloo Bucket List item for sure!

#6. Dance Party

This is a no brainer! Grab your favourite gals, toss those notes and turn up that playlist of all your top songs! Whether they are from grade eight or just hit the Top 100 last week, you are sure to have a good time! Sing loud and proud, show off your rocking dance moves and laugh until you cry!

#7. Bake Some Treats

This study break tip is a win-win! You get to procrastinate while baking, and then you have some delicious treats to snack on while you get back to the books and cram for your last finals. There are endless amounts of awesome recipes found on Pinterest, or if you want the easy way out, grab a box of cake mix or the Pillsbury cookies!

#8. Create Art

Get inspired and let the juices flow. Your mind has been busy focusing and retaining lots of information but let it be free for a little while and find some ways to express yourself. Whether that be journaling, painting, some DIY projects or writing a blog post, just make sure to not restrict yourself and go for it!

9. Ice Cream/Fro-Yo Adventure

We have a bunch of spots around Laurier to grab some delicious ice cream or Frozen Yogurt! Our favourites are Marble Slab, Dairy Queen, Menchies and Yogurties. These are delicious breaks and you can treat yourself for all that hard work studying in the library for hours!

10. Rock Climbing

Did you know that the AC has a Rock Climbing wall? Now you know! There are some free gym rock climbing hours so go and challenge yourself and set a goal to reach the top. You will feel accomplished and ready to take on those finals!

We hope you try out some of these study break tips to relieve you from all the exam stress! Good Luck Golden Hawks!

You can typically find katy cuddled up with her favourite blankie, under the twinkle lights, drinking some peppermint tea and listening to Ben Howard. She spends her evenings switching between gushing over wedding videos and catching up on some Gilmore Girls. She loves her little nephew, everything knit, & all things with sparkles. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier.
Chelsea Birtch

Wilfrid Laurier

Chelsea is one of the Campus Correspondent's for the HC WLU chapter! She has a passion for writing and is an avid reader who aspires to be an elementary school teacher. As well as being involved with Her Campus, she is also a sister of the Iota Theta chapter of Alpha Phi.