This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

TikTok is one of my favourite obsessions. Honestly, I probably spend a little too much time on the app, so much so that I usually delete the app during exam season. If you do not spend at least an hour on TikTok every day, I truly applaud your lack of procrastination. However, today is the day I feed into my addiction and share my top ten TikTok accounts that always keep me coming back. 

Pepperoni Muffin

The first account I want to talk about is pepperonimuffin, whose real name is Kirsten Titus. Kirsten currently lives in Hawaii and always has a wild story to tell about her dating life and when she lived in Utah. What makes her unique is that she cuts and eats exotic fruit while telling her stories. While most of the time the fruit ends up being rotten, it is so much fun to watch and she always leaves me wanting more.   

Erika Titus 

The next account is Erika, Kirsten’s younger sister. Erika also lives in Hawaii and her videos usually focus on makeup, although sometimes she does the occasional dance. Great storytelling runs in the family as she also tells stories from her past such as being a student at BYU and her life in Utah. 

Madi Lim

Moving into the realm of books and publishing, one of my favourite creators is Madi. Madi has a series on TikTok called BookTok News. She breaks down all the latest news in the book-influencing and publishing world. From new book adaptations to discrimination in the publishing industry, Madi gives you the rundown on everything. She also gives out great book recommendations and focuses on pushing diverse books to her audience. If you are looking to get into reading, I recommend you follow her! 

Kimmybookss

Another great creator in the BookTok space is Kimmy. Kimmy mostly focuses on contemporary romance books, from young adult books to adult books. She gives great book recommendations and reviews, getting ahead of the trends and reading all of the popular BookTok books first. 

Uhleeseuh

Alicia is a sort of jack of all trades. She loves books and works in the publishing industry. She posts videos of her reactions to popular movies and TV shows including Marvel and Fate: Winx. You can also find videos of her cosplaying her favourite characters from different media. Alicia has such wonderful energy, and you feel like her friend when watching her videos no matter what the topic is. 

Straw Hat Goofy

Moving into the FilmTok world, one of my favourite creators is Straw Hat Goofy. He is most known for his commentary on the MCU and Marvel. He also reacts to a wide range of movies from Pixar to horror films. He is always up to date on the latest news in the film world and gives out great movie recommendations. 

Jstoobs 

Another fantastic film account is Jstoobs. Like Straw Hat Goofy, she is also known for talking about Marvel and the MCU but she also talks about new TV shows and movies, especially ones that are catered to women and young girls. Jstoobs always makes it known that it is okay to like movies that are not catered to middle-aged white men and to embrace your preferences. 

Oh.its.Pheobe

Sometimes if you just want to watch a fun dance video, then Pheobe is the person to follow. She has created some of the app’s most popular dances from the 2020 era of TikTok. Many of her videos feature other creators and it is fun to see them dancing together.  

From lifestyle videos to movie recommendations, hopefully, you can find at least one new creator from this list that you can enjoy when you spend your daily hour on TikTok! 

Kayla Walker

Wilfrid Laurier '24

Kayla is a third-year economics student at Wilfrid Laurier University. When she is not writing, Kayla is reading romance books, watching marvel or hanging out with friends. She was born and raised in Barbados and loves to talk about her home and family.