Favourite Hot Chocolate Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Coffee in the morning is always a must, but sometimes our taste buds tingle with a craving that can’t quite be satisfied with just a cup of java. If you find yourself having a massive sweet tooth now that the Christmas season is approaching, try one of these hot chocolate recipes! Caution: the sweetness from some of these hot chocolates may cause a long lasting sugar rush.

Rich Hot Chocolate

A classic twist on your regular cup of hot chocolate – take it to the next level and make it even chocolatier!

Nutella Hot Chocolate

Nutella: a guilty pleasure for just about anyone. Instead of hacking away at the jar with a spoon, enjoy it as a comforting cup of hot chocolate!

Butterbeer Hot Chocolate

Any Harry Potter fans out there? Try out this butter beer hot chocolate! It’s a great twist on hot chocolate by adding in tons of butterscotch. Save your trip to Disney world and enjoy this magical drink in the comfort of your own home!

Peppermint White Hot Chocolate

Perfect for the holiday season. Instead of trekking over to Starbucks for a Peppermint Mocha, whip one up in your own kitchen and save yourself the effort of putting on your winter layers for a delicious drink.

Kinder Egg Hot Chocolate

Kinder egg’s newest surprise: making hot chocolate out of it! Instead of cracking it open and eating it, toss it into some hot milk and drink it up this time.

Red Velvet Hot Chocolate

If you like red velvet cupcakes, this hot chocolate was made for you. Add some whipped cream and sprinkles to really make it feel like you’re indulging in a cupcake!

Indulge and enjoy! HC(hot chocolate)XO

Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem