This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Fall is one of the best times of the year, except for midterms of course. Beautiful scenery, cool food and drinks, festivals, Halloween, and more! To make sure you do everything this season, here is a fall bucket list with locations all over Ontario, ranging from the Kitchener/Waterloo region, all the way down to Toronto. All perfect for that fall insta you’ve been waiting to post!

ACTIVITIES:

Apple Picking

There’s nothing like going apple picking with your family or friends on a warm fall day! Here are some of the best places to go!

Applewood Farm Winery: Stouffville

Chudleigh’s Apple Farm: Milton

Maple Crisp Orchard: Elmira, Waterloo Region

Pumpkin Picking

After you go apple picking, make sure to take a detour before heading home and stop at a local pumpkin patch! Pumpkins can be used for so many things, such as cooking and decorating, so stock up before they’re all gone! You can find the best pumpkins at:

Whittamore’s Farm: Markham

Albion Orchards & Country Market: Caledon

Nauman’s Farm: St. Agatha, Waterloo Region

Pumpkin Carving

This one can be done after the pumpkin patch, in the comfort of your own home! Get some knives and good company and have a cozy night in carving pumpkins to decorate your home for Halloween!

Here’s some tips from Martha Stewart for you first-time carvers!

Hiking

Nothing like a scenic hike to get in some post Thanksgiving exercise! Enjoy the colourful leaves and fresh air at:

West-side Trails: Waterloo

Cedar Trail: Toronto

Dundas Peak: Hamilton

Jump in a Leaf Pile

Put on a sweater and your comfiest sweat pants, and go jump in a raked up pile of leaves with your friends! The best part is, you don’t have to go far!

DRINKS:

Everyone’s heard of the PSL (Pumpkin spice latte for those of you who live under a rock) from Starbucks, but it’s time to try something a little less basic. Here are some fall drinks that everyone needs in their life!

Smores Latte: Sweet Jesus, Toronto

Maple Pecan Latte: Starbucks

Hot Mulled Cider: Home! (Only if you’re 19+ of course) Check out the recipe here! 

Pumpkin Spice Latte: Tim Hortons (Maybe it’s different?)

Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Chai Tea Latte, Pumpkin Hot Chocolate, Hot Apple Cider: Williams Fresh Café

FOOD:

It’s always a good time to try some new food, and you’ll probably be hungry after all of that hiking! Here are some fall foods that everyone must try before winter comes around!

PSL Soft Serve: Junked Food Co., Toronto

Pumpkin Spiced Muffin, Apple Fritter, Apple Pie Muffin: Tim Hortons

Homemade pies: Wanda’s Pie In The Sky, Toronto

Autumn Beef Stew: Home! Check out the recipe right here. 

FESTIVALS:

Fall festivals could possibly be the best part of fall! Whether it’s a party, a food festival or a haunted house, you will definitely have the best time! Here are some events happening near you!

Pumpkin Mania: Various pumpkin related events for families, Barrie, until Oct 29th

Cask Days Festival: Over 400 different beers and ciders, Toronto, October 20th-22nd

Pumpkinferno: Outdoor exhibits and haunted zone, Simcoe County, until October 30th

OTHER:

Fall Food Drive: Locations in Toronto, North York, Vaughan, Waterloo and more.

What better time than right after thanksgiving to give back! Grab a friend and head down to one of the food drive locations near you. Not only does it look good, but you’ll feel good above all!

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.