Eight Local Businesses in Uptown Waterloo You Have to Check Out!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

With midterms hard upon us and drowning in essays, I think it’s safe to say we could all use a little break. And nothing says break like walking around your favourite city with your pals! 

But what to do?! Well, everyone deserves a little treat after all their hard work and so do you! 

So let me tell you about some smashing local shops to sink your teeth and hands into and come out looking like a piece! 

1. Loop Clothing 

At Loop, you can find the coolest kicks out there and accessorize with all they have to offer — though the store is marketed mostly to men, ladies and non-binary folk can find some fun pieces to fit their own styles! 

2. Harmony by Earthwinds 

At Harmony, they have tons of one of a kind pieces! Stop by for custom clothing or jewellery and check out their large selection of rings and earrings! 

3. Wordsworth Books 

Check out the newest, up and coming books and a few hard to find reads. The store also tends to sell books on our syllabi, so check it out next time you need a book for class! 

4. Princess Cinemas 

Princess Cinemas puts out unique and captivating films different from your average cineplex — and you can go see some oldies too. 

5. Luster and Oak 

Looking for unique or vintage pieces? Luster and Oak has some amazing finds! Stop by for a style upgrade or even drop off your own pieces for a little pocket change! 

6. The Truth and Beauty Company

The Truth and Beauty Company has a variety of natural beauty products that’ll have you feeling rejuvenated and ready to face that midterm with clear skin and soft hands. 

7. Vincenzo’s 

If you’re hankering for a delicious deli sandwich or some fresh gelato or if you’re looking for all the ingredients to make the perfect pasta recipe, then Vincenzo’s is the perfect place! This Italian shop has the best pastries, hard to find ingredients and imported goods! 

8. Orange Monkey Music 

Everyone needs a musical break — some great tunes to rock out to and release some pent-up stress. At Orange Monkey, they’ve got a large range of genres and an amazing variety of records, CD’s and cassettes to look through. 

So please, for the sake of your own health and the sanity your roommates and parents, get out of your place, shop around Uptown and … 

Emily Waitson

Wilfrid Laurier '20

Emily is a twenty-something fourth-year student majoring in English and History. She has a passion for writing, internet-famous cats, and sappy books.