Easy Ways to Fake a Radiant Summer Glow in The Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Ugh, winter is here and our summer glow is loooong gone. With cold weather in our forecast for the months to come, it’s important to adjust your beauty routine so that the change in weather doesn’t reflect through your skin.

The key to a flawless makeup application starts with skin care. In order to ensure your dryness doesn’t show through your makeup, use an exfoliator to get the dry, dead skin off.

Try:

The Walnut Complexion Scrub is suitable for all skin types and deeply exfoliates and cleanses to smooth the appearance of skin texture. It’s vegan and contains Korean ginseng, Aloe Vera, and Chamomile, which supports cellular energy, moisturizes, calms, softens, and smooths your skin. The walnut powder scrubs away the dead, dull skin cells.

Then follow up with a moisturizer in order to retain moisture all day long.

Laneige’s Water Bank Moisture Cream is a patented hydro ionized mineral water with tons of essential minerals that restore and retain hydration levels, while preventing future moisture loss.

Now for the makeup…

A hydrating primer is a must have in order to ensure your foundation stays on all day long without settling into fine lines or clinging to dry patches. 

Rather than using makeup brushes that cling to dry patches and emphasize your skin’s dryness, substitute your favourite brushes for a damp beauty blender to ensure a streak-free application.

After applying your favourite foundation, a setting spray is the perfect way to ensure your skin is not too matte, while ensuring your makeup stays in place all day.

Both Makeup Forever’s Mist & Fix and Mac’s Fix+ increase hydration with oxygenation to deliver a healthy-looking, radiant glow.

2016 was the year for highlighters. Finish off your radiant glow with some highlighter on the tip of your nose, cupids bow, and the high points of your cheeks to achieve ultimate radiance.

Becca Cosmetics has a wide range of highlight shades perfectly suitable for all skin types.

Now, ladies, don’t let the cold, dry, dull months of winter show on your skin! Use these tips and tricks to ensure you look radiant and glowing all year round!!

May your highlight shine brighter than your ex’s future ;)

Jenna Steadman

Wilfrid Laurier

4th year Psychology major at Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON.