Easy Outfit Ideas to Get You in the St. Patty’s Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

As everyone is well aware, Laurier is known for our “Sea of Green.” St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, and because WLU decided to not sell apparel this year, here are some simple outfit ideas to help you celebrate the festivity! 

1. Try a white skirt or shorts with a green tank top.

2. Choose either leggings or jeans to wear with a green sweater and a stylish vest.

3. Rock a pair of leggings with green socks and a jean jacket over a green shirt.

4. Be bold with an over-sized green shirt with cut sleeves to wear as a dress with a white or green bow belt.

5. Last, last minute option: jeans/leggings with a white shirt and green accessories.

For more outfit inspiration, go to the SPD Facebook page and lurk previous event photo albums!

Urban Outfitters has some great t-shirt options:

1. Truly Madly Deeply Rainbow Stein Tee ($34)  

2. Ripple Wish Junction Tee

You can also check Etsy. The stores listed below are Canadian, so that you can avoid heavy shipping costs!1

5. Kiss Me I’m not Irish Sweater ($35)

To spice up your outfit, try one of these accessories:

– Green hair bow

– Green bead necklaces

– Clover stickers

– Green or white knee high socks

– Green nail polish

– Green baseball cap or beanie

– Clover tattoos

– Festive face paint

Remember to party smart and safe, and look cute doing it! ;)

Zoey is a third year Honours Communications student at Wilfrid Laurier University. Besides writing for Her Campus, she is an avid planner, Netflix enthusiast and Youtube beauty video obsessed. If she’s not on campus or in her bed it's safest to assume she’s at the mall (#shopaholicprobs). Her goal after university is to obtain a position in PR or marketing!
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem