Life > Experiences

Date Ideas You Need to Do This Fall 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

Spooky season is making its way around the corner, which means it is the best time of the year for some great (and maybe a little basic) date ideas with your boo. There are so many fun and exciting things to do this fall, Halloween-themed or not. From pumpkin carving to apple picking, I promise you there is at least one date on this list you’ll love to do with your significant other.  

1.  Apple Picking 

Hear me out. I know this is the most BASIC date idea for the fall season, but it is also the one I am most excited to do (so let me have my hype!). There is just something about apple orchards that I love: the rows and rows of trees, the colourful leaves and the perfect opportunity for some cute pics with a partner! Not only that, but many apple orchards offer other activities such as wagon rides, pumpkin patches or even corn mazes. Regardless, you will be busy all day. One of my favourite orchards is Pine Orchards Farm in King City, ON because of the beautiful scenery and amazing bakery. Be sure to try out their pumpkin cheesecakes! 

2.  Halloween Haunt 

I know everyone and their mothers will be running to Canada’s Wonderland this fall, but for a good reason! I have this idea planned as a group date. It is fun to get spooked with your partner, but seeing your friends scared? Even better. Now, if you do find yourself getting frightened in the mazes or even by those creepy characters, you have your significant other to cuddle with – tell me that is not romantic! I hear it is best to go within the first two weeks of opening to avoid big lines, so make sure to check it out during the reading week. 

3.  Baking and Pumpkin Carving 

You do not understand my desperation to do this. Those adorable Pillsbury pumpkin cookies give off the perfect vibes for spooky season! While you munch on your cute Halloween cookies, you might as well carve a pumpkin in the kitchen. You can even watch a spooky movie while you cuddle and eat your cookies.  

4.  Drive-in Movies  

A drive-in movie is a PERFECT date during spooky season. Many drive-ins will start to play horror and classic Halloween movies as October rolls around. I recently checked out Barbarian and it was the perfect fall spooky date. Be sure to dress warmly and bring snacks because it can get a little chilly at night. Of course, you can always resort to using your partner as a heat source. 

That is my itinerary for this reading week! If you are looking for something fun to do with your partner this fall, I hope these ideas will keep you busy this spooky season.  

Anikka Salandran

Wilfrid Laurier '23

Anikka Salandran is a 2nd-year student at Wilfrid Laurier University studying English (still deciding her double major and minor!) When she is not busy writing essays and reading books you can find her dipping chocolate strawberries for her business or binge-watching Netflix. Fun fact: She has a twin!