Cute and Easy Halloween Costumes for Every Last-Minute Type of Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

If you’re like me, dressing up for Halloween is a nice idea, but putting in a lot of time and money into a costume is not something that you’re willing to do. Not to mention, you didn’t even decide what you were going to be for Halloween until a few days prior. Luckily, the Her Campus team is here to help put together a last-minute costume that will save you time and money while ensuring that you still look incredibly cute (because that’s always the most important thing about Halloween anyways, right?).

Boxer

This is a great costume for any girl who doesn’t want to put in too much work. All you need is a black sports bra, black athletic shorts (high-waist shorts work as well), and remember your chiffon kimono that was really in this summer? Use it as your robe! You can also purchase a satin kimono from La Senza or Victoria Secret! Add some purple and black eye shadow under one of your eyes to create a faux black eye, and you’re set!

Mermaid

No last-minute type of girl wants to even attempt to recreate a mermaid fin. Thankfully, with this alternative, you don’t have to! Just rock a shimmery bandeau from American Apparel (or one of your strapless bather tops) and, if you would like, glue some seashells on your top from a craft or dollar store. Pair the bandeau with a simple high-waist green skirt, then add some eye jewels and glitter around your eyes. Finish the look with beach waves and dewy makeup (i.e. use highlighters and luminisers, girls)!

Twin Emoji

This is a great and easy option if you wanted to dress up with a friend! Purchase matching black body suits from American Apparel in uptown Waterloo and pair them with nude tights (or if you’re comfortable going bare legged, go for it)! The girls in this photo used black tulle (which can be purchased at any craft store or dollar store) and twisted it to make it look like a bow. The iPhone emoji twins, however, wear black bunny ears. Cut some bunny-shaped ears out of black construction paper and glue them on a black headband. Finish the costume with a cute pair of black heels or booties!

Moon

One of my good friends made her own twist on this Olsen twin moon costume last year, and it looked awesome! Cut out a crescent-shaped moon out of cardboard, paint it silver, and add some sparkle if you’d like. Glue the moon to an elastic headband and pair the headpiece with a simple white dress. My friend paired her headpiece with a white lose- fitted t-shirt dress, which I really liked since her costume looked kind of boho-esque. You could probably even wear an over sized white t-shirt or a top with tights if you don’t own any white dresses. Or really anything shimmery. Finally, purchase some silver face paint and paint around your eyes like Mary Kate. You could also just apply a lot of silver or white eye shadow around your eyes to get a similar look with less maintenance. 

Regina George

Last but not least, it’s every girl’s favorite high school Queen Bee, Regina George! This costume is funny, easy, and involves not spending any money (if you don’t mind giving up one of your tank tops, that is). All you need to do is cut two holes into a plain white cami, and you’re done! You can wear a purple bra like Regina’s if you have one, but people will most likely still recognize who you are without one. Finish your outfit with skinny jeans and heels. You could also try to channel your inner Regina by saying things like, “stop trying to make fetch happen” and, “so you agree… you think you’re really pretty”. 

Costumes may not come easily to all of us, but these last-minute DIYs are sure to save you in a pinch!

Mikaela Holder

Wilfrid Laurier

Mikaela is in her third year of Communications studies at Laurier and is excited to join the Her Campus team as a writer this year. Her favourite pastimes include binge watching Grey’s Anatomy or The Mindy Project with her new kitten, Maisy. When she’s not attending to crazy deadlines, she enjoys searching out charming coffee shops, wood fire pizzerias and making fruity cocktails and sangria for her friends. She is a hard worker and very determined when it comes to pursuing the things she loves… like searching for the perfect heeled bootie.
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem