This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wilfrid Laurier chapter.

It’s beginning to look a lot like… FINALS SEASON. As bittersweet as finals may be, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, collegiettes: the annual holiday break. A well-deserved rest to immerse ourselves in old-school holiday films, spend time with family and friends, and to stay miles away from essays and exams.

Late nights studying and shopping for the perfect gift can be stressful, so Her Campus is here to ensure planning holiday outfits isn’t part of that to-do list. Whether your plans over the break involve casual hangouts with friends, formal family events, or dates with someone special, we have created an outfit guide for every event this holiday!

1. Family Event

Stay true to festive colours and patterns, yet elegant and sophisticated to greet relatives and friends. Try a plaid skirt paired with a warm sweater and tall boots.

2. New Year’s Eve

Sequins on New Year’s Eve are far from groundbreaking, but the way you wear them can be! Pull out your glitziest pieces to ring in 2016, collegiettes. Try a sequined romper, sparkly statement necklace, or glittery shorts!

3. Skating

This is an inevitable winter break activity, whether with someone special or a group of friends. Stay warm in leggings, layers, and a wool coat. Match with winter accessories for added warmth like scarves, beanies, and furry mittens!

4. Winter Stroll

For those souls brave enough to endure the cold to embrace shimmering snowfalls and sparkling lights, stay warm! Ensure to wear waterproof boots, cozy toques, and a parka.

5. Boxing Day Shopping

Layers are key to surviving hours at the mall. Try a knit tunic (maybe even one you got for Christmas!) with dark jeans, casual booties, and gold accessories.

6. Holiday Work Party

Try a cocktail dress with holiday designs or metallic details! Or try a skirt paired with festive tights and animal print shoes for an unexpected detail.

Happy Holidays collegiettes! Good luck with finals and enjoy the well-deserved break! xo

Olivia Di Pede

Wilfrid Laurier

Olivia is a fourth year English major with the Management Option at Wilfrid Laurier University and a Style Blogger for Her Campus. In her free time she can be found taking yoga classes, scavenging Sephora and creating content for her personal lifestyle blog. She is a perpetual reader, frequent dancer and lover of the sea. Follow her on instagram @oliviadipede and follow her journey at http://oliviadipede.com
Emily Webster

Wilfrid Laurier

You will typically see me with a large cup of tea and browsing social media under the fairy lights and reading up on my favourite lady bosses (Mindy Kaling let me be you please). Also my trivia regarding superheroes is endless. I have more music than time to listen to and someone definitely should consider taking away my blogging privileges. My love for pop culture is limitless and Netflix is the true MVP in my opinion. Contributor writer for HerCampus Laurier Stalk me and let's be friends here: Insta & Twitter: webofem